Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my gl1500 to work today weather was 90* out, when i got home there was a noise coming from my bike when off. I opened the gas tank and found alot of pressure, is this normal or should the cap or tank vent itself preventing this pressure build-up ?????

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
it should vent itself. my aspy shut off on me two days ago while i was out for a ride, doing the same thing. i had to back the gas cap off to releave the pressure. going to see what i can do to fix the problem today

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
If I remember correctly there is a hose that runs off the gas cap and down to the ground. You might want to check to see if it is cloged or pinched somewhere. That could be causing the pressure to build.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it should vent itself. my aspy shut off on me two days ago while i was out for a ride, doing the same thing. i had to back the gas cap off to releave the pressure. going to see what i can do to fix the problem today
After have similar issues on several “1500,” I’ve found that drilling a hole in the gas cap diaphragm (not through the cap itself) permanently relieves fuel pressure. No more pressure or vacuum locks.😉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.