Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So quick story. NOT. Last year I noticed when I pulled a long hill on Rt80 going to Mid-Ohio that the 1500 stumbled a bit. I nursed it up and over Snowshoe & had no problem until coming home in nearly the same location. Right before I tucked her away for the winter I took her to Pocono Raceway to a formula car race & it happened again. I thought since I had a big trip planned that maybe the fuel pump was getting weak & should probably be changed. Found a guy on ebay that sells a kit for 1500. I changed it on Sunday & after assembly decided to look in the fuel tank before putting pump back in. I have to tell you that in the end I flushed nearly 2 1/2 gallons of fuel through & probably took out 3/4 of a cup of rust, sediment & slop out of the bottom of the tank. Just wanted to give you guys the info in case you have a similar issue.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
And I know you did change the fuel filter right!!

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
i would have started with the filter then the tank

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I know you did change the fuel filter right!!
Yeah that was 1st. I was really just blown away by how much crap was in the tank, that I thought I'd share.

I did not think about the petcock assembly though so I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks Joe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts