Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tatanka's running great, but his fuel pump is starting to make bad noises.:eek:

I know that I can go to Mother Honda and pay the piper, but does anyone know of an aftermarket source of equal quality bolt-ons without the heavy gross margin? Or a good source of new OEM fuel pumps, etc. from the "grey market?" Budoka, you were/are a dealer right?

It's not that I'm cheap, but....oh yeah, it IS because I'm cheap!:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Tatanka Yes I have seen other posts about using a honda prelude fuel pump it has the same pressure rating and with just a little rubber shimming it will fit in to your bracket where your old pump was. Hal p.s. the pump you need is from an 85 prelude at autozone about $40.00 bucks

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, Thanks, Hal!

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Mother Honda wants @200 for a new OEM fuel pump.:eek: The local Honda car dealer wants about $125 for the '85 Prelude fuel pump. Checked NAPA and they can supply an aftermarket electric fuel pump for about $80.:( Sent a PM to Cantankerous to see if he might have one in his stash of mid-80s parts.

If anyone has a line on one of these, be it good used or OEM/aftermarket new, I'm all ears. Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey tatanka; I recently got lucky when I was killing some time..I was looking on the kijiji site ( similar to Craigs list) I found a factory new 1200 fuel pump that was listed only 6 mins before in British Columbia Canada,
I called the guy & got my pump 3 days later...$70!!:D

I don't need it now,but, I thought they were no longer available from Mother Honda....I have two 1200's and know I will eventually need it..I like to keep spares, so when I see a smokin' deal like that..I usually jump on it!!
The deals are out there, just a matter of luck..and sometimes good timing!!:D
I would offer it to you, but I'm keeping my '84 Standard..& my '87 Aspencade..sorry!:eek:
BTW, make sure you get the correct pump when you find one, all the '84's had a smaller ( output ) than the rest of the 1200's..cheers..:D

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice move, BladeRunner! Yep, you keep it; at some point you'll be happy you have it, and at a good price. Hope I'm as lucky!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts