Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 GL1500. Fuel gauge not working at all. All of the other electrical components seem to be working. I looked for a fuse to the gauge but found nothing. Ideas on where I should look next ?

Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will most definitely re check the fuses. I did yesterday and I believe they are all fine. In none of the GREAT pages you sent me does it make any reference to the fuel gauge. The fuses that illuminate the panel are working and it seems that all other components on the bike are operational. I'm lost but will look at and check the fuses tomorrow and let you know.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
In the diagram, it references fuse #8 as the instrument panel gauges. I thought maybe that was the one, but perhaps it's not. Sorry I couldn't be more help. You might also want to check and see if there is an "in line" fuse that could be blown or if the connection to the tank is good. Good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked all the fuses and they are all good. All the dash lights work also so it may not be an electrical issue. Ideas ?????

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Sounds like you may need to take the sending unit/float out of the tank. Not sure how you do that. You may need a shop manual or if someone has one and can put the instructions out here for you that would help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm thinking but I hope there will be someone who has done it before and can pass on some "how to" info and also how to check it once it is out.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
LSC9901, Taking the float assembly out is no big deal. 2 things come to mind. Make sure you have less than 1/2 tank of fuel & the other is, think about what you may have to do to get the bike back together after taking it out. What I mean about that is I bought a new fuel pump kit that a Gentleman has put together for 1500's. I'm going on a xcountry trip & felt that my fuel pump may be causing some issues so I got his kit. Step By Step instructions, however when I was taking the old pump apart I was not saving anything & his pump is a bit different. I scanned his intructions & pics in & have attached them to this post. I had to decrease the file size to attach so I don't know if you can actually use them. If you can't shoot me your email address in a PM & I'll email them to you. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts