Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forum posts for clues that might help me solve a fuel flow issue on my '84 GL1200.

I have been suspecting that it may be the fuel pump. But then I read in one of the posts where someone was having a problem with their engine stalling out and someone suggesting that the screen inside the fuel tank could be plugged. I don't recall what year this persons bike was but this made me wonder if my '84 GL1200 has any kind of internal screen inside the fuel tank that could be hindering the flow of fuel.
According to the schematic drawing of my "84 fuel tank in the Clymer's manual it is not indicating any kind of screen being inside the tank.

Thanks,

Harkgold

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Even though it does not show it on the schematic, you should have a screen inside the tank at the pickup tube. It is not removable or replaceable. You would need to drain your fuel tank and then use an air hose on the fuel line coming out of the tank to blow back into the tank to try and clear it. You can look at detailed parts fiche for your wing here.....www.cyclemax.com in OEM section.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even though it does not show it on the schematic, you should have a screen inside the tank at the pickup tube. It is not removable or replaceable. You would need to drain your fuel tank and then use an air hose on the fuel line coming out of the tank to blow back into the tank to try and clear it. You can look at detailed parts fiche for your wing here.....www.cyclemax.com in OEM section.
Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try.
I went to the parts fiche at Cyclemax and find that it is exactly the same schematic that is shown in my Clymers manual which doesn't show any kind of screen either.
I think sometimes these drawings leave a lot to be desired as far as accuracy goes. I have found several discrepancies within some of the drawings I have looked at.
Thanks again!
Harkgold

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
"Check out the big brain on Bamaeagle!" (Ref: Pulp Fiction)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts