Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel filter 2008 GL1800

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Barry Dupler 
#1 ·
I didn't notice when I had my seat off but is there a fuel filter on these engines?

#2 ·
No, at least there is not on my 2013

Reactions: Jinx
#3 ·
None on the 2001 - 2017 gl1800. Don't know about other years.

Was concerned about that when I first bought my 2006 . But after 220,000 mile of putting in the cheapest gas both in the USA and Canada with out issue I an no long concerned.

Reactions: NREMTP and Chopin
#4 ·
After changing the fuel pump on our 05 I discovered they have an extensive filter system attached to the fuel pump as part of the fuel pump. So yes they have a fuel filter and it is inside the fuel tank. We've got 100,000 miles on our 08 and never changed the filter. We just run quality fuel and a 1/2 bottle of seafoam once in a while and it runs like new.

Reactions: NREMTP
#6 ·
Basically it is a fuel system cleaner. I run it about every 8 to 10 tanks of fuel. I run it in all my gas engines, bikes, cars, jeeps, mowers, etc. You can buy it at most parts stores, convenience/gas stations and Walmart. 12k is enough mileage to have picked up some gunk from the low quality gas additives found in most gasoline we are forced to buy today.

#7 ·
When ever I'm planning on a very long trip [when I know that I'll be using up a full tank of fuel] I always pour some Seafoam cleaner into my fuel tank.... I want my injectors to be as clean as possible...
For those that know me (or don't know me) I am an fluid changeohlic ...and replace all my fluids/filters way before the book says to replace....Am I wasting my money doing all these frequent changes, I don't know, BUT I can tell you when I'm riding down the highway, I know that my bike has never been mistreated.........due to abuse...... Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

#8 ·
If it works for you go ahead but it is not needed, I use Techron and after 35 years wrenching I found that what the bottle says use every so many miles is fine. If you use brand name fuel from stations that have high turnover the detergent in the fuel will be enough. That being said I would recommend that you are Sea Foam or whatever if the bike sits for an extended time as the fuel we have now does not last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.