1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
No, at least there is not on my 2013

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
None on the 2001 - 2017 gl1800. Don't know about other years.

Was concerned about that when I first bought my 2006 . But after 220,000 mile of putting in the cheapest gas both in the USA and Canada with out issue I an no long concerned.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
After changing the fuel pump on our 05 I discovered they have an extensive filter system attached to the fuel pump as part of the fuel pump. So yes they have a fuel filter and it is inside the fuel tank. We've got 100,000 miles on our 08 and never changed the filter. We just run quality fuel and a 1/2 bottle of seafoam once in a while and it runs like new.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Greetings. Please explain what Seafoam is and it’s action... If got an “09” with low mileage (12K). Should I be running this product thru it now and on a regular basis?

Thx. much,

Ck

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Greetings. Please explain what Seafoam is and it’s action... If got an “09” with low mileage (12K). Should I be running this product thru it now and on a regular basis?

Thx. much,

Ck
Basically it is a fuel system cleaner. I run it about every 8 to 10 tanks of fuel. I run it in all my gas engines, bikes, cars, jeeps, mowers, etc. You can buy it at most parts stores, convenience/gas stations and Walmart. 12k is enough mileage to have picked up some gunk from the low quality gas additives found in most gasoline we are forced to buy today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When ever I'm planning on a very long trip [when I know that I'll be using up a full tank of fuel] I always pour some Seafoam cleaner into my fuel tank.... I want my injectors to be as clean as possible...
For those that know me (or don't know me) I am an fluid changeohlic ...and replace all my fluids/filters way before the book says to replace....Am I wasting my money doing all these frequent changes, I don't know, BUT I can tell you when I'm riding down the highway, I know that my bike has never been mistreated.........due to abuse...... IMG_0055.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts