Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Having just bought myself an 1200 '86 Interstate and not riden it much, due to some brake problems which hopefully the guys in the garage can sort out, but my question is how far can I expect a tank full of petrol will get me?
:):)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Well you folks work in liters and kilometers and we in the state use gallons and miles, but I can tell you that my GL1800 gets about 40 - 45 miles per gallon. I would think that a 1200 could do as well. So if you can do the calculations, you should have your answer. Ride safe..

·
Registered
793 Posts
From what I've heard, a 1200 is able to get upwards of 48-49 miles to a gallon = about 77 km per 3.79 liter or just ove 20 km per liter if my math is correct. On a 1500 you get the best fuel economy with rpms below 3,000 and I'd say the same with a 1200. How about some input from some 1200 owners.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
riding conservitily i average 48mpg on my 1200

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thanks for everybody's input it gives me an idea of what to aim for, and for all you guys over the pond, in England we still work in miles and gallons, its those guys in Europe that work in Litres and Kilometers

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The best mileage I ever got with my 1200 (no luggage, two up) was 58mpg Cdn, and I think that works out to about 47 mpg US. Ppulling my trailer I got pretty consistant 42-43 Cdn (35US). 1200's had a 5.8 USg tank (22litres) so your range should easily run 200 miles/320 km at 35 mpg US. Figure on going another 30-50 miles (50-80k) if you break into the 40's (7l/100km). Condition of the carbs, speed, traffic etc will affect the totals but this should help.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Hi

Thanks for everybody's input it gives me an idea of what to aim for, and for all you guys over the pond, in England we still work in miles and gallons, its those guys in Europe that work in Litres and Kilometers
Thanks for that information. I guess I'm never too old to learn. Eventually we will win the rest of the world back to our side..... LOL.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
cool

Hi

Lovely miles, eh gov'nor :).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fuel

Thanks guys

All we have to do now is convert all those that use K's and Ltrs to miles & Gallons and then all that is left to do is get you guys to drive on the proper side of the road lol :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
835 Posts
So that's where I've been going wrong :eek: In Canada, we used to have standard then went to metric and now nobody knows what the h... is going on. I'm too old for this stuff. My outdoor thermometer is in centigrade, my inside one is in ferenheit. I don't know if I'm doing 100 km/hr or 100 mph but the cops do :).
Strat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts