Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale: Backup backrest for all GL1800 Goldwings. The backrest has a full range of adjustment, and installs in minutes and does not interfere with passenger's legs as the mounting bracket is flat. Installation is simple: Remove the 4 passenger grab handle bolts, line up the holes in the backrest bracket and reattach the screws. All stainless steel construction. More info and an animated photo of how it adjusts here:

http://www.backupbackrest.com/

Honda Goldwing image and info:

http://www.backupbackrest.com/index....mart&Itemid=57

I bought this backrest this past summer for my 2012 Goldwing because I did not want to cut into the seat to install the other backrest. I'm only selling it because I'm getting a Russell Day Long custom seat built with a built in backrest. Mine is all black and is in very good condition.

$150 plus shipping.

Canadian members: Shipping by Canada Post Expedited from Toronto.
US members: Please note that I will be visiting NY state on Jan. 2, 2012 and will ship it from there as this will be a lot cheaper than shipping from Toronto, Canada.

Paypal preferred.

PM me or email: advhotel at gmail.com

Here's a couple of pics taken when I was posing for the Russel Day Long build pics:

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Sure is a nice looking backrest . If I didn't have an Utopia already I would prefer this one to the Kury, etc.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
As a guest you don't have messaging privileges (need to be a member of the site) so without your personal contact info (ph# or e-mail etc) he has no way to contact you. If you look at the sticky I posted you'll se that I don't recommend (nor does practically any site) putting personal contact info on a public forum. Costs nothing to join us y'know.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to join for free. I clicked the free button on the bottom of the membership categories but it didn't take me anywhere so I signed up for a 1 yr membership. I also couldn't figure out how to change my user id. When I come into the web page I'm already logged on as "guest". I'd like to change that at some point but for right now all I want to do is buy Mingo's backrest. Hopefully he'll be able to respond to me with detail....

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to join for free. I clicked the free button on the bottom of the membership categories but it didn't take me anywhere so I signed up for a 1 yr membership. I also couldn't figure out how to change my user id. When I come into the web page I'm already logged on as "guest". I'd like to change that at some point but for right now all I want to do is buy Mingo's backrest. Hopefully he'll be able to respond to me with detail....
Well you're here. Sorry you had to pay for it. I've been here for two plus years now and others had to pay for it with their tolerance. Mingo has been a member since 10-11-2009 with only 14 posts to date so all we know is he is not verbally active on the forum. He has no contact( e-mail , etc. ) listed . I'm optimistic about him responding here as many dormant members have suddenly surfaced. Since your here, have you considered the Utopia brand backrest ? No one with a bar style backrest has been satisfied, especially if they have a passenger to haul around. In short, there are plenty of bar mounted backrests for sale on the web, but none, if any, Utopia's for sale. Once and done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts