Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been great excitement here today. Frosty and I are going to do the ride that he didn't get to do because of his accident.
It has been 10 months now and his shoulder is now strong enough to do the ride. We are also going to see the Moto GP at Philip Island. My youngest son will ride with me, leaving tomorrow to Mt Gambier. Saturday we will ride the Great Ocean Road and camp near Philip Island. Sunday we will ride the last 80 km to Philip Island to see the race and return to the camp. Monday we will ride back home.
Today I have prepared the 1200. I have washed it, polished it,treated the leather and a oil change. Tires and levels all checked. That bike is looked after and would be the best 1984 wing in SA. Catch you all later with photo's. Eric

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Great news, we look farward to a full description & photos. Be sure to get some of the track action please....:D

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
You all have a safe trip.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
That's great Eric. Do me a favour and wave a "Go Dani Pedrosa" sign for me! Unless Jorge has a major get-off Dani can't catch him anyway, but I'd still like to see Dani win. You guys keep the rubber down and the waxed side up.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guy's. It is an important trip for Frosty.
Just so you know where the surport is: Stoner Stoner Stoner. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Glad to hear that Frosty rides again. Looking forward to reading the report and seeing the pics.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Always enjoy peoples post about great rides. Keep us posted! As to last weekends Revin-4-Research Breast Cancer Awarness ride we had about 300 bikes. It was GREAT!

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
That is great to hear that he is healing up. Hope you had a great ride and look forward to the evidence!

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Due to my story on my USA trip I have not had the time to write this up. I will start the story and will have to finish it when I get to Perth.
My youngest son decided to come on this trip because Frosty is a real Hoot to be around. We had a late start and should have been on the road by 1pm but didn't get going until 2pm. I told Kristian we would have just one stop and get through as quick as possible. The gas stop was going to be at Kingston. But 50 miles short of Kingston at the last gas location I was forced to stop. I had just over 1 gallon left. Strong winds and high speed means poor gas mileage. (27 mpg)
Back on the road and into it again for the same result. I could not make Mt. Gambier on that tank. (27 mpg) So I had to cut the pace back and filled the gas up again. Half a gallon left in the tank this time. Into Mt. Gambier at 7pm.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The all important day arrives, bikes cleaned, oil checked, tires checked, bike packed. Photos of us getting ready to leave Frosty's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We took the time to drop into the tourist locations. Photos are:
1/Tower Hill (Extinct Volcanic Lake)
2,3,4,5/ The 12 Apostles.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
So glad to see Frosty back in the saddle. Ride safe and have a great trip....

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Thanks for the pics Eric....I can now put a face to stories....Glad he's riding again

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Look forward to the rest of the story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts