Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Green Knights here in Alabama is have its first organized ride of the year, the 3rd Annual Frostbite Ride. It's Saturday if you are up to joining us. Right now it is 17 degrees.... Good thing we are doing this at noon! Let's get the season rolling!

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Badg, Good for you guys. Have fun & be safe.

Can you say heated gear?

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Think of the Wing as a snowmobile with 2 wheels and dress accordingly. Ride safe and post some pics.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
The Green Knights here in Alabama is have its first organized ride of the year, the 3rd Annual Frostbite Ride. It's Saturday if you are up to joining us. Right now it is 17 degrees.... Good thing we are doing this at noon! Let's get the season rolling!
Will that be in Montgomery? I'll make a ride over here south of Jackson today in spirit with y'all. It's 21 right now but should be up to mid-30's for when I plan to leave and get to 45 today. I have a day off today and may have to work tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
17 degrees, 21 degrees in the south, what is going on. it is 54 % here in the Northwest Corner. But to wet to ride.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
17 degrees, 21 degrees in the south, what is going on. it is 54 % here in the Northwest Corner. But to wet to ride.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron
It's that "global warming".......:)

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
It's that "global warming".......:)
Stole the words right out of my mouth. I had a full day of global warming here, never got above 40 and the sun did not come out as forecasted.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waiting until high noon ? That's cheating.
You're right, Chopin. I didn't chose the time. I ride to work every morning at 6. After riding the V-Star last year, the Wing is toasty... I don't even wear my supersuit anymore.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Dam and I want to move south !! I need to rethink this!! Well no or little snow is good enough for me !! I can ride in the cold!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the pictures. We did our Green Knights Frostbite Ride. It was 46 when we started and 52 when the wife and I headed home 4 hours later.

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Very nice, looks like the group was having fun. It was a little warmer today but I was still seeing ice in the woods at work.

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Nice looking group Badg. Glad all went well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
One of the guys in our club... Us "Wingers" are in the minority in the club. You see all three of us in the pictures.. Only two others today. The HD and a Triumph with the car tire... He was still cold with that big tire on his bike, though...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts