Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed chrome rotor covers on my 84 GL1200 Aspencade. They were a pain in the butt and didn't fit right so I took them off. I put the front wheel back on the same way I took it off but now it doesn't feel right when riding. Sometimes I get vibration. In fact I took my hands off the handlebars for a second (because it use to run straight) and the wheel shimmyed real bad. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you removed the front wheel did you get either of the front disk rotors in a bind with the calipers? If so, you might have slightly bent a rotor which could be causing the wobble.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... The P.owner Of My 85 Ltd. Had Put Those Disc Covers On Mine And I Removed Mine ... I Ride Alot Of Mts. And Twisties And Found With The Covers My Front Brakes Were Getting Hot ... Check And See If A Rim Weight Might Have Fallen Off ... Happy Trails

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi hondavidson. the lower fork caps that hold the axle to the front fork legs only go on one way. on the bottom of the cap is an arrow that points forward. if one of them is wrong it could be your problem. also check to see if your wheel is spinning freely an not a brake dragging. good luck

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... 2580 ... You Are Sooo Right About The Fork Caps ... I Noticed When Taking The Covers Off That One Of The Caps Was Facing The Wrong Way And That The Speedo Pick Up Was Pinched ... The Disc Install Had Been Done At A -honda- Shop ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll look at those fork caps tomorrow. I know I had them right at first but I took them off a couple times and may not have checked the final time. I put the bike on it's center stand today and checked for a wobble but there wasn't a visible one. I yse to be able to go down the road and let go of the handlebars for a sec but now it starts shimmying bad when I do that and the steering seems so tight. I'lll never try to put chrome covers on my rotors again. I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow. Hope to get it. I got a toy run this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts