Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been seeing some sport bikes in the local shop with wheel stripes, looks pretty cool on them. With the Wing thinking its a sports bike on occasion, I wondered how it would look on the big bike. So, I thought I would try my hand, the shop had a a roll of blue tape that turns out to match the factory paint almost perfectly and its also reflective. After several attempts and a 3rd roll of tape, I finally got results that meet my standards. Here are a couple of shots with and without flash.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Nice job..

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Ooh. Do you think it's good for a couple of riding seasons of miles and washes ?
Looks great, but I'm also not sure how it's going to hold up.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Details, details, only time will tell, but it looks cool now!:D The tape was from Progrip, it appears to be 3m brand (marks on the backing) applied above the recommeded temperature with excellent prep if I do say so myself. The clear coat on the wheels may actually help the adhesion since oxidation won't be an issue as with the bare aluminum. Worse case if it starts looking like crap, I'll peel it off:(

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Details, details, only time will tell, but it looks cool now!:D The tape was from Progrip, it appears to be 3m brand (marks on the backing) applied above the recommeded temperature with excellent prep if I do say so myself. The clear coat on the wheels may actually help the adhesion since oxidation won't be an issue as with the bare aluminum. Worse case if it starts looking like crap, I'll peel it off:(
I like it, live for today. :D

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Details, details, only time will tell, but it looks cool now!:D The tape was from Progrip, it appears to be 3m brand (marks on the backing) applied above the recommended temperature with excellent prep if I do say so myself. The clear coat on the wheels may actually help the adhesion since oxidation won't be an issue as with the bare aluminum. Worse case if it starts looking like crap, I'll peel it off:(
You're right. I should find out for myself. Time to make a trip down to Coleman Power Sports anyway. I likes it too!

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Looks like I need to make a trip to Blue Springs and bring along some colored tape. :)
It looks good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.