Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
When darksiding the front tire does it absolutely have to have it mounted to rotate backwards
Only if you are afraid they won't let you into the Clubhouse, if you don't. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, there are many guys who run either the Battlax BT45 or the Michelin Pilotactiv in the correct rotation pattern. Including myself as they are a great front tire for trikes, too.

Reactions: 823Jim

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
to me..............
since directional tire for cars, mount so that they look like tractor tires, when center hits the pavement moves water and such to the outside
So that is how I mounted the BT-45, which makes it in the direction it would have been mounted on the rear, since that was the direction it was engineered to rotate

This my opinion and I am sticking to it,

Reactions: alwims

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
We are running the Battlax BT45, correct direction and are very satisfied and after 5000 miles it still looks new and rides very smooth.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
We are running the Battlax BT45, correct direction and are very satisfied and after 5000 miles it still looks new and rides very smooth.
Battlax BT45 with 15,000 miles on it. Starting to show very minor signs of cupping, but can not feel it still very smooth.
Birdgestone BT45@15kmiles.JPG

Tread depth new center 0.279". tread depth 2.jpg center depth @15k 0.209" Center tread depth@15kmiles.JPG
Tread depth new outer 0.279" tread depth 3.jpg outer depth @15k 0.226" Outer tread depth@15kmiles.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
With everything I said, I would caution about one thing. We had the Battlax BT45 on our '08 with the Voyager and then the TowPac trike kits. When we took them off and went back to 2 wheels the BT45 did not perform very well. It would not corner well and was very noisy and for some reason started cupping real bad. The only conclusion we could come to is the rubber got used to running straight up and down with the "trike kits" and took a set. When the bike had either "trike kit" on it, it ran and rode great and the wear was phenomenal as Jim said, hence the reason we installed it on our 05 with the full Lehman trike kit.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wow! I didn't know there were so many different battle tires!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts