Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 aspencade that I would like to pull front speakers and replace the cloth covers. Is there any easy way to get to them?

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
In the trike building arena most of the dash is removed anyway. I remember removing the mirrors, the seat and the two pockets, undoing the acorns under the seat, the two latches under the fuel door, disconnecting the radio and then removing the dashboard where the speakers covers are located. All this just to put on raked triple trees.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
If I remember right,this is just a 2 beer project.

You need a #2 phillips and a 8 mm socket.

1 pull back the rubber boot (rubber is tough and you will have to wrestle it to see and remove 3 screws to take off the side mirrors.
2 flip up the windshield levers.

3 Remove the 2 screws, one one each at the side mirror to remove the big front chrome cover (across the front of the bike) this exposes the screws to remove vent tube.

Pop out the 2 vents and then a screw (from the front) to remove the vent tube.

Look before you do it, but thinking you need to take off the windshield here to expose the lip of the dash as well.

At this point, I can't remember how much of the tubberware has to come off around the handlebars but this much will get you close. Key ring first, center panel and then surrounding plastic.

We are happy to help here but will say a service manual is priceless if you plan on doing much more like this. It is better with pictures.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts