Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the front light modulator? Where is it installed and how do I get to that spot? The instructions are not clear. I have a '98 Aspy

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
It's been quit a few years, but it seems to me I removed one of the fairing pockets and put the modulator under the pocket. I know I have the sensore installed in the lighter plug on the right side of the dash (1993 Aspencade) I think on the SE the lower heater control is there. If I recall right you have to remove the head light assembly. It is more time consuming then heard.
I'll check mine in a bit and see what I can find just where I put the modulator. Sorry the age thing makes my rememberer forget.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
GoldDigger: I just check what I could do quickly and the only thing for the modulator going under the right fairing pocket is the sensor wire and from what I can feel from the pocket is it runs up behind the headlight assembly. Again if I recall right it is all right up front by the head light assembly I believe it all plugs into the head light wiring.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Registered
515 Posts
The Kisan brand mounts right onto the backs of the headlight bulbs, a slave wire interconnects the two and a small photo cell disables the operation when ambient light gets low, the setting is programmable. I've had the Kisan on for about 2 years now. https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=2

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
modulator

yes, it is a Kisan model 150GW. How did you mount the sensor? I will try to get to the screws and remove the front and see what goes from there. Thanks for the help. You guys are great for a newbie. It will take me a little while to learn the wing since I have never owned one but with help like you guys it won't be hard.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I mounted the photo cell centered on the tunnel cover below the ignition key. It faces up, looks like a finished piece and always gets the best light.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it installed and was not a problem at all. Thanks again for the directions. Little by little I am learning what comes apart first.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually, Head Light Modulators are legal in all 50 states as per the Federal Regulations/Laws, that superseed any State Laws against them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thought the same, federal DOT law says OK, I keep a couple of copies in the trunk for any LEO that wants to question it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts