Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at installing a front light modulator or whatever you call them on my bike. Does it have to be on all the time or is there a switch to turn it on and off? Maybe I could tie it into my fog lights????

Thanks in advance for the help and Chopin you can take a break because you need a rest after riding that "red Beast".

·
Registered
515 Posts
I run the Kisan unit, it is plug and play. It only operates with high beams and has a photocell that turns it off in low light. Just plug the units onto the backs of the bulbs and run the photo cell. You will be seen.

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just my opinion, but I am not a fan of these.

First they are a distraction when riding with others, and they distract the drivers in front of you who will look in their mirror more.

Second, Some drivers oncoming and in your lane may think you are an emergency vehicle or police, this can disrupt traffic to your own danger

Third, Drivers may think you are blinking to let them into traffic right in front of you!

I have seen all of these happen so it isn't just theory. I know some people like them, but I am not a fan.

·
Registered
905 Posts
National highway transportation safety administration made them legal in all 50 states. Running Signal Dynamics on mine. It has a way to turn it off in daylight and photo cell to turn off at dark. I can explain to you how to wire without removing entire faring. Also I do not have pulse in intercom system. Do not care what others think as long as I can be seen better! 2700 leds and thinking of adding more. LOVE MY WING!

·
Registered
33 Posts
headlight modulator

Kisan is easy to install. You do not need to take fairing apart. Just take out pockets to get at high beams. Drill one hole for sensor.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Same with signial dynamics

They are easy after you have done it. If you read service manual you will end up with whole faring off. Have wire color codes if needed

·
Registered
73 Posts
be aware in canada

Headlight modulators are legal in Canada but I have yet to find a police officer, both city or RCMP who knows that. You can get the pertinant info from Transport Canada Road safety bulletin
named "Technical Standards Document No.108 Revision 4
try www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/mvstm_tsd/tsd/1080rev4_e.htm
hopefully it is still a relevant web address.
I have a copy I keep with me.
If you need other help email me directly at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Have had mine on for years. Have it on most of the time, and have had very little problems. Had one guy used to complain about it all the time, till he near hit the guy riding in front of him and got his butt chewed out for not watching the road ahead instead of my head light. enough said. The ambient light disperse the modulated light enough where it does not flash in the mirrors of those in front of you.
To turn mine of I just switch to low beam.
From the Northwest corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Webbikeworld.com is the addy for the canadian law governing use of headlight modulators !

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks boys for the advise. I am glad to see that you do not have to have them on all the time. I think I would only have them on if I am leading our group or by myself. I think we are pretty visible when there are 10 or 15 bikes coming down the road. Hope it is as easy to install. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts