Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike to the Dealer for repair of the leaky shock. (thanks for all the advice on that). The service manager said he is not a fan of the front fork brace (KURY). And that it may even cause or contribute to the leaky shocks.

Has anyone run into this or have opinions?? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my bike to the Dealer for repair of the leaky shock. (thanks for all the advice on that). The service manager said he is not a fan of the front fork brace (KURY). And that it may even cause or contribute to the leaky shocks.

Has anyone run into this or have opinions?? thanks in advance.
Well, Superbrace is a vendor in this forum so it will be interesting to hear their response.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
If Honda uses a fork brace as original equipment (and has since 1984) I doubt that an aftermarket brace is the culprit. Flex is the enemy of seals and fork tubes, and braces reduce or eliminate fork flex.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Sometimes if the brace doesn't fit exactly right or the person that put it on tweaks the forks a little it can the forks to be in a bind and that might cause a leak,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I think the Kury brace is adjustable. I know the superbrace is not. IMO, I don't know why you would want an adjustable brace when it's made to make things not move around.... just my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts