Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
The brace was easy as dont know about the belly pan but i also put on the wheel balancers and masive differance,air bag model is a bit more work,

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
I have put a bellypan on a friends 1800, took 10 minutes. I put a fork brace on my 1500 took longer to take the fork cover off than it did to put the brace on. Took about 30 minutes to put the bellypan on my 1500 because it did not seem wide enough but it works.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I put a fork brace on my 1500 took longer to take the fork cover off than it did to put the brace on.
Hall, is the install on the 1500 similar to the video for the 1800 as I have one to install too?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed the Superbrace; piece o' cake. I'll try it out on the way to work. Tackle the belly pan tomorrow.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Installed the Superbrace; piece o' cake. I'll try it out on the way to work. Tackle the belly pan tomorrow.
Another fine job completed, the Belly Pan will go just as well I'm sure. :D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Word of advice, wear mechanic's gloves or other protective light duty handwear; the edges of the stainless ones are wicked sharp. Stay calm and cool, the acorn nuts are a pain in the bollix sometimes. That's why mine didn't go back on after the exhaust change; going back on this w/e if all goes well.
with an airbag the Centramatics can be a bit daunting. If you trigger the bag sensor...well, you get the picture. That's a pricey mistake and you can well bet not many dealerships are prepared to do an airbag replacement:Dang:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the pan on also. Not bad but the little heat washers on the acorn nuts need to be replaced. Had to order them. Pan install not too bad but the DZUS fasteners took a little time. One went in smooth the other took a little finagling. Also added tubing in the trunk weatherstripping while I was at it. So, got a bunch done. Next, gonna do AMSoil and filter.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Got the pan on also. Not bad but the little heat washers on the acorn nuts need to be replaced. Had to order them. Pan install not too bad but the DZUS fasteners took a little time. One went in smooth the other took a little finagling. Also added tubing in the trunk weatherstripping while I was at it. So, got a bunch done. Next, gonna do AMSoil and filter.
Tubing to the trunk weatherstrip? Have you been lurking on the forums ? Baby Buggy Bumpers from Wingstuff would have done the job just as well .

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
What?
:huh:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tubing to the trunk weatherstrip? Have you been lurking on the forums ? Baby Buggy Bumpers from Wingstuff would have done the job just as well .
Yea, but I would have had to drill some holes. Thought about just using simple nylon rope but not the right diameter. Got some vacume hose and sprayed it with silicone spray. Stretched a little but it works. Closed the trunk and had to beat it a bit cuz it said it was still open.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Yea, but I would have had to drill some holes. Thought about just using simple nylon rope but not the right diameter. Got some vacuum hose and sprayed it with silicone spray. Stretched a little but it works. Closed the trunk and had to beat it a bit cuz it said it was still open.
I don't doubt it: " Engineered to fit, hammer in place " . Truth be told, I had to angle file the baby bumpers a wee bit after installation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts