Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Front Fender on my 1985 GL1200 LTD needs to come off so the bodyman can paint a spot where the paint peeled off on the leading edge of the fender just in front of the Goldwing emblem.

It looks like it can be done without removing the front wheel by unclipping the brake lines on each side and unbolting the 4 fender mounting bolts (2 on each side) then sliding the fender backwards and down, I don't think it will come off forwards because the fender is flaired at the bottom and likely won't pass between the forks.

Has anyone done this? It would save quite a bit of time if it can be done, my books don't list removal of the front fender,just the back.

-Robert-

·
Registered
137 Posts
bstar --- it can be done the way you are saying ---but--- if you just put it on the center stand and block the bike on its rear tire (the front off the ground) you can easly take the wheel off and not have to worry about scratching the new paint when you put the fender back on. It takes about 5 min longer and is a lot easier to reinstall

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We took the wheel off,the bodyman was afraid it would scratch when reinstalling it and he was right.They'e making up new graphics for the fender as well,there's a pin stripe around the edge of the fender on the 85 LTD which is faded on mine,it'll look like new when finished.The paint codes are YR126M Sunflash Gold Metallic for the main color and YR126N for the accent colour on the fender and trunk, These colour code numbers can be cross referenced and mixed at a body shop. The paint codes are on a label on the under side of the hinged gas tank cover door.

-Robert-

·
Registered
172 Posts
Id love to paint my 1500 in the same color scheme as your limited and put a Bison Brown seat set on it. I love that color combo. It's Beautimus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts