Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an addition to a thread I posted about a week ago. I have talked to a mechanic at Point west (last one left) and he showed me what had to be done to replace a left front crash bar. Removal of the lower front housing and the left front/lower housing. He says that the only thing I have to watch out for is the cable leading to the bottom vent.
Has any one done this and what tips can you pass on, any help would be appreciated. Shop cost for this job is about $100.00 so would like to save some money, the part is $172.00. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
First check e-bay or a trike shop or post a wanted ad for the crash bars, You can usually get them for about $30.00 a pair. I would say replacement would not be a big deal. Just watch what you remove and how it came off. You must have the heat package with the toe heater, take off the front lower cowl and the side cowl and that should be all,

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Agree with Joe on the install. I'm surprised there is anyone m/c related left at Pointe West. Mike and Craig were friends of mine, and I have no idea where they went, and Chris in service is the one that told me about the glitch in the Blackbird I was looking at. I tried to access some of the left over inventory, but the 'big boys' got it all. The DSM's tell me all dealerships are equal, but it looks to me that some are more equal than others.:confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys. Never even thought of a trike place for a used part.
As to Point West, it was Chris that walked me through the job, he was still a Point West till the end of March. It seems that the rest of the boys went either to Scona or Riverside. I was there for the "close out sale" a tonne of helmets, Joe Rockett jackets, although ALL of the Goldwing stuff was gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts