Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have seen my post a coup;e weeks about my brakes squeeling. At first I thought it was the back brakes, because it only happens when I push on the rear brakes. I do know that when you use the rear brakes, it also operates one side of the fronts too. I figured out that it is coming from the front. I stopped at the shop where I bought the bike, and they were not much help, he actually told me to wash them off with water, brecause it is probably from brake dust. I should mentioin that they are brand new pads on the front, installed by the shop where I bought it. I also noticed that at slow speeds, I can notice a slight scraping sound coming from the front. Anyways, I want to take the fronts apart myself, but I have no idea what I am doing. Can someone walk me thru the process step by step, and tell me what to look for? Or if you have any other ideas what it might be. Oh I forgot to mention that they were fine for the first 200 or so miles, no noises at all. The bike is a 1985 Aspencade

1 - 1 of 1 Posts