Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im new to the forum and hoping to pick up some info on the some issues I am having with a 1981 gl1100I. The front brake lever seems to be Kind of spongy. I have new brakes on both calipers and have bled them. No air seems to be in system. I have rebuilt the Master Cylinder. I cant find any leaks anywhere in the system. The brakes are stopping bike but a friend told me that the brakes should be capable of locking up. I can bottom the lever out against the bars but I can still push hard enough to move bike forward. Anyone having any suggestions would be very appreciated. Just wondering if they should be capable of locking them up on the front.
Thanks a lot Scott Dean

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Either the calipers need rebuilt/replaced or the hoses have gone bad and are expanding when the brakes are applied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cantankerous,
Thanks for the welcome! I am going to check out the calipers tonight and see if there is something going on down there. I have checked them to see if any fluid is getting around the seals but havent seen any signs. I am going to pull them off and check em over good. I will let you know what I find out.
Thanks for the Info
Scott Dean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts