Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new Goldwing owner. I purchased an 84 Aspencade with a voyager trike kit two days ago. I am trying to get it to pass MO safety inspection but the brake lights don't work when using the front brake handle. They do work with the back brakes so I know it's not the bulbs, fuse, etc. I tried taking the switch off and connecting the two wires with a paper clip, no luck! So if it still doesn't work what else should I look for? I am dying to get my bike licensed and hit the road!!

·
Super Moderator
12,302 Posts
First of all, welcome.

I would trace the wires and make sure they are all in good condition.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I would check the wires to the switch at the brake lever. I have heard of them coming loose.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would check the wires to the switch at the brake lever. I have heard of them coming loose.
Checked those wires, they all look good.

First of all, welcome.

I would trace the wires and make sure they are all in good condition.
Thanks! I was hoping not to have to trace the whole path of the wires, but I guess that is next. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,615 Posts
Hi, I am a new Goldwing owner. I purchased an 84 Aspencade with a voyager trike kit two days ago. I am trying to get it to pass MO safety inspection but the brake lights don't work when using the front brake handle. They do work with the back brakes so I know it's not the bulbs, fuse, etc. I tried taking the switch off and connecting the two wires with a paper clip, no luck! So if it still doesn't work what else should I look for? I am dying to get my bike licensed and hit the road!!
If you removed the connection from the switch and jumped it with a paper clip and nothing happened, you may have no power or ground at the front brake light circuit.
If you have a test light check to see if there is power going to the switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.