Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the front wheel is rubbing. I bled the brakes and it runs fine until I hit the brake. Then it will repeat process. What am I looking at as the culprit?

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello jstone, welcome to GWOF you might have a sticking piston in the caliper

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
There is also a pin that the pads slide on, that can get sticky. REmove the pin clean it well and apply a little grease.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Brakleen is your friend. Just be very careful how you use it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Have you had the wheel off? Could be 2 or 3 things if you have had the wheel off for anything.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Check the little hole in the master cylinder. This is a open return hole when lever is released. This is the most overlooked thing in the braking system! From what you have described it doing, this is what I would look for.

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Check the little hole in the master cylinder. This is a open return hole when lever is released. This is the most overlooked thing in the braking system! From what you have described it doing, this is what I would look for.

+1 on that!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you had the wheel off? Could be 2 or 3 things if you have had the wheel off for anything.
Yep! A little more info on what took place before the problem surfaced. There is a alignment procedure also to do when taking the front wheel off, working on the brakes and such.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Front wheel is rubbing what??????????
Not enough info here for any speculation as to causes, IMHO.
Pads rubbing on disc? They do that!
Rotor rubbing on caliper?
Wheel actually rubbing on ????
As asked-was wheel off?
Why did you feel it was necessary to bleed the brakes?????(time to change fluids or spongy feeling or new pads or ?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts