Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Sorry for my ignorance with these questions. I have a GL1800 2007 model. The front 90 degree tyre valve feeding the tubeless tyre is perished and the question is Do you have to take off the wheel to change this valve. I assume you do but thought I'd ask a silly question.
Also I note that the rear tyre is a standard radial car tyre. Is this normal and will I note any performance issues like cornering etc?
Hope to hear back soon.
Regards
Mike
Australia

·
Super Moderator
9,857 Posts
Not sure about the valve issue, but some riders have swapped out the standard motorcycle rear tire with a tubeless radial tire. I'm sure folks will comment on this later in the thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have taken a C-Clamp and broken the front tire down enough to change the valve stem in the past. YMMV though.

I also run a run flat car tire on the rear. Look at the dark side forum on the GL1800 riders forum for a wealth of information. I’ve put 150000 miles on car tires thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have replaced just a valve stem just like bloodbought1 said, but, the one I did, did not have the tire pressure monitor on it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
didn't know when tpms came out, my valve stem replacement was on the front tire of a 1500

on my 2013, I am thinking of going with just plain metal valve stems the next go round, since the tpms doesn't like to stay working anyways,
will try batteries next tire change first but..... that is its last chance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
didn't know when tpms came out, my valve stem replacement was on the front tire of a 1500

on my 2013, I am thinking of going with just plain metal valve stems the next go round, since the tpms doesn't like to stay working anyways,
will try batteries next tire change first but..... that is its last chance.
I have a 2013 now also. So far the TPMS is working fine. I have the batteries and have watched the video on replacing them. I did buy the activation tool and swapped front or rear as I am running a car tire on the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts