Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I never in my wildest dreams thought the day would come when I would post such a message as this.
Do to medical reasons, ie: second back surgery, I decided to trade my 2010 Ultra Limited in for what I was hoping would be a smoother ride. One of the Big reason for going with the Goldwing was the reverse feature among others. All my riding buddies really ragged me for this decision as they all are Harley guys. I purchased a 2012 candy apple red Goldwing on Christmas eve and have put nearly 400 miles on it since and my response so far is why in hell didn't I do this years ago!
I am soooo pleased so far I can't stand it and I just smile at my buddies cause I'm in heaven with this thing. Harley is still a great machine but if you want Real comfort Goldwing is the way to go.
My group is planning a trip in March for bike week and to Key West and I just can't wait. I'm tuely glad I made the switch

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
congrats on the purchase of your new wing, glad you are enjoying the ride wj and welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome from the heartland of KC MO! Hope you enjoy the new found comfort on the Wing!:D

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Welcome to the group ! When you get time let us know where you are located in these great United States .

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Congrats on the new wing........(Pssst....you got the fastest color too !!! )

Hope your buddies don't rag you too much......at least you are still riding in the wind.

Most of us do not care what you ride as long as you ride!!!!!

( I don't like loud pipes.....I rather have loud country & western music)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the same thing!

One night looking at the wings on the web I got the urge to do some real road traveling (I am recently retired) so I told the wife I will be switching the CVO King for a Wing. She knows me and that means as soon as I work the deal I will be taking the new bike for a test ride, say maybe 3000+ miles or so along the Calf coast. I even rode the 2012 level 3 wing in the rain! (ABS) I would never ride the Harley in the rain because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life cleaning up all the chrome. What a pleasure this bike is to ride. I feel your excitement!!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
You will be the envy of your gang on the long haul, although you will never be told. Did you get your therapeutic highway pegs and backrest installed ?

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Congrats & Greetings from the Keystone State. As Sanitini said tell us a bit about yourself. Take some time to fill out your profile, choose an avatar & post some pictures of the new Ride.

We like Pictures.:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the road....

·
Super Moderator
14,465 Posts
Welcome to the club. It is a good ride and you will love the way it handles also. Let us know where you are from.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have rode many HD bikes , some I liked some not, but I have never rode a wing I did not like , if your friends rag you just blow them off the road one time that will stop the rags.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
A good many of us have been on HD's in the past (some still have at least one in the stable) and more often than not, they are amazed at the Goldwing. My HD buddies are quietly respectful of mine most of the time, although I'd bet money that there is more than one joke cast when I'm out of ear shot. Everyone of them has 'refused' to take it for a spin though, but they all have a bit of a lustful look in their eye when I'm riding along, especially the gals riding pillion. They are all very curious about maintenance issues, so I just smile and tell them what they need but don't want to hear. Are Wings perfect? Not by a long shot, but it's the kind of imperfection that's sure nice to live with. Welcome to GWOF and well as Goldwings in general.

·
Banned
3,186 Posts
There are some of us that do take a pot shot at HD's from time to time, but it is all in fun. This is a Goldwing forum!

The truth of the matter is that I am happy to be still riding motorcycles at my age, many are not due to health concerns.

On my Dec. 2011 trip through the southwest...... I had this experience. For some of you this is a repeat of a story, sorry.

Yuma, Arizona. An older long haired biker guy approaches me and asks me, "Where ya headed?" I said, South Texas. He said, "I am going the other way." Should have been the end of the conversation..... with a "have a safe trip." But no, he has to tell me that his motorcycle (Harley) is broken down in town and at the Harley shop getting the jugs redone and other wrenching. He and his wife are waiting in town for the parts to arrive so it can be put back together and get home.

Then he says "I broke everything Harley ever made on this bike." I got 100,000 miles on it.

I said, "Yep, Harley makes some fine air cooled motorcycles and some of the finest looking clothing ever."

I just thought.... by his own words, he said that everything broke on his bike within the first 100,000 miles.

How can you not like the sound of a v-twin?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I to have just made the move from Ha to Ho. There are many arrows in my back.
I have never not had fun on a Honda.

·
Registered
25 Posts
congrats on your new Wing !

First, congrats on your new Wing !

Me too, an ex Harley & ex BMW rider, these bikes are just too spendy on parts, maintenance/service. Just like me, You'll love your Wing, good luck!

76' AMF Harley Superglide 1200, crashed/repaired & sold
00' BMW R1100R traded

Current ride:
05' FJR1300, Mighty-trusty, canyon carver bike
10' GL1800 Audio/Comfort (she's a garage queen)

jdgw_wannabe
IBA # 38829

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome to "Wing World". I also ride with all Harley guys and it was a big and the best decision I ever made to buy my wing. Not only is the ride better, but the money you save on buying clothing with HD on it will pay for many trips.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts