Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my recently purchased 86 Goldwing out for our maiden voyage spin with my bride. When I test drove the bike the heal toe shifter and the after market foot brake seemed awkward, but with the thought of owning a bike I always wanted, I thought I would get used to it.
Turns out they were intalled by a guy who is shorter than me with much smaller feet. Pushing back out of the driveway way a pain, my feet are to damn big for the heel toe shifter and the after market foot brake. My feet stick out like a penguin! I have to turn my feet in or out to change gears and I do not want to get used to it.
I want to take the after market stuff off and install the OEM gear.
Anyone else have this experience?
Anyone have a used set they want to trade or sell? Or do you know a place I can get my hands on a set up?
They way I see it...this is a luxury bike and should comfortable !

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have to turn my feet in or out to change gears and I do not want to get used to it.
I want to take the after market stuff off and install the OEM gear.
Anyone else have this experience?
They way I see it...this is a luxury bike and should comfortable!
Thanks,
Larry
Hard to beat the factory engineered pegs, isn't it??? ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the wing out for a crusie today with the OEM pegs. Shifting and braking were so natural and comfortable. Engineering at its finest!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
New Wing Needs Road Pegs

Just got my new Wing on Saturday. I removed my Kuryakyn IDO Dually Road Pegs from my trade in bike; however, the Wings mounting bar is 1"inch and my peg mounting clamp is 1" and a 1/4 inch. Question: Does anyone know if I can buy 1" clamps that will accomodate my Pegs? (A 1" clamp would have to allow the Dually peg to screw in).

I really don't have the bucks to buy another set of road pegs then have a set laying around ($150.00 new). Help if you can.
Thanks,
T-Rex

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank You Larry Crilly

Larry, you just saved me some big bucks. My last ride had floor boards and a heel-toe shift, I liked it and was thinking about installing the same setup on my new Wing...then I read you post. I'm 6'1", weight over 300lbs and have a size 13-14 boot.

Thanks for posting this info. For me, one of the chief reasons I log onto the Forum is to pick up info from those that have gone before...there's nothing better than reading other riders experiences, both good and bad.

Happy Holidays,
T-Rex

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts