Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had my Froog Togg Road Toad rain suit for over a year now and I finally get to review the performance of this rain gear.
I have been on many rides getting soaked with my suit stuck in the side saddle bag (caught in rain). Normally I go out clear Sky then bam out of no where I get soaked. yesterday leaving work it was pouring so I had a chance to put on my rain suit and headed home
expecting to still get wet either from the rain or sweat from the suit. But to my surprise I arrived at my house nice and dry and remarkably cool. All of my coworkers offered me a ride home as it was serious storm with rain and lightning crashing down like it was the end of times. But my Wing and suit did their job remarkably.
So if your considering a rain suit look in the direction of Frogg Togg you will be glad you did.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I've had Frogg Toggs for years and really liked their lightweight and ease of getting them on and off. BUT, the last few times I was caught in heavy rain they allowed water in and the seat of my pants were soaked. I've had 3 pairs over my riding years and these were only about 3 years old. So I recently went to a 1 piece Tourmaster and really like it. Not as easy to get on, but kept me dry the last time out in the rain.

BTW, I keep my Togg jacket in the bike for light sprinkles.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
We've had our Toggs since 99 and they have served us well. Bought a new set last year, they are more bulky then the old ones/take up more room. Haven't had chance to ride in any serious rain with them yet but they look like they should do well.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had Frogg Toggs for years and really liked their lightweight and ease of getting them on and off. BUT, the last few times I was caught in heavy rain they allowed water in and the seat of my pants were soaked. I've had 3 pairs over my riding years and these were only about 3 years old. So I recently went to a 1 piece Tourmaster and really like it. Not as easy to get on, but kept me dry the last time out in the rain.

BTW, I keep my Togg jacket in the bike for light sprinkles.
Do you think your Toggs failed you due to the age? Mine cause the water to bead and just roll off. The Toggs do feel very light weight and fragil.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
BUT, the last few times I was caught in heavy rain they allowed water in and the seat of my pants were soaked.
Common complaint of Toggs, heavy rain that lays on or against the fabric soaks in/through.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I guess your saying if I am using my Toggs and didn't get soaked That I must be driving really fast . (darn Busted) LOL

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
We've got 2 sets of Frogg Toggs but have never used. It's never rained on the days I've ridden because it hardly ever rains in Texas. Have a one piece Tourmaster that I used in Colorado a few years ago. Way to warm to wear in this climate but would probably make a great NW suit. I think I'll take this to Seattle next month when Larry, Ron and I hook up for a ride in the Cascades.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Larry the guy that sold Ray his 1800 claimed he did get wet on the 1800 in th rain. Must be a Dry Package option for the 1800's:rolleyes:
Ray also claims he don't get wet on that 1800;) then again he says a lot I question, I mean being from Erie, Pa. and all. :D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got a set for my wife and I last summer before we left for Savannah. I have used them about 6 times since then and they work great. I too have been in some BAD storms. I know it aint bright, but I enjoy it. I pull in the garage and pour a gallon of rain or so out of each boot and by that time my bride has a towel and some socks for me. I pop off the Toggs and hang them up. Nothing else is needed.

Of course the longest I have been in a storm is maybe 30 minutes....maybe they will let me down if I am in the rain longer???

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
I have my Frogg Togg rain suit for about 2 years and it's always kept me dry, even in a Florida gully washer rain storm.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
In September of 2006 we were with 3 other wings heading west across Kansas, and got into some sideways rain:eek: that was blowing in behind the rain fly on the zippers.:eek: Yup got wet that time.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
I got a set for my wife and I last summer before we left for Savannah. I have used them about 6 times since then and they work great. I too have been in some BAD storms. I know it aint bright, but I enjoy it. I pull in the garage and pour a gallon of rain or so out of each boot and by that time my bride has a towel and some socks for me. I pop off the Toggs and hang them up. Nothing else is needed.

Of course the longest I have been in a storm is maybe 30 minutes....maybe they will let me down if I am in the rain longer???
I'm confused on this???:confused: Why are you pouring water out yet they work great???:confused:

I have a Tourmaster Elite 2 pc rainsuit & Tourmaster SC response boots, Never sweat in the suit (it Breathes beautifully) and here's the kicker I'm riding a Nighthawk right now with no fairing protection at all. They pack up tight & fit in my sidebag (sport bike type). My friend Two Wheel will vouch for this.

I am never, I repeat never wet. Guys I understand that you love the Toggs (maybe it's the name??) but it's silly to me to find getting wet at all is acceptable.

As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Do you think your Toggs failed you due to the age? Mine cause the water to bead and just roll off. The Toggs do feel very light weight and fragil.
I'm not sure if it's their age. It just seem like when I ride in rain for a couple of hours my seat (and I don't mean the m/c seat) gets wet. (Yes it only happens in the rain!!) I love the Frogg Toggs' but I just was not happy being wet.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
I'm not sure if it's their age. It just seem like when I ride in rain for a couple of hours my seat (and I don't mean the m/c seat) gets wet. (Yes it only happens in the rain!!) I love the Frogg Toggs' but I just was not happy being wet.
So you know I was about to say my seat gets wet now and then even when it does not rain.:eek:

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Thats what MS Dragon said.:(
Hey now Bub! if you're going to quote her get it right!

Mz. Dragon

I still think that would look awesome painted on a Ninja.:cool:

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Hey now Bub! if you're going to quote her get it right!

Mz. Dragon

I still think that would look awesome painted on a Ninja.:cool:
You are correct sir I fat fingured it/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts