Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice since I bought the wing, I have been in my front yard and have had strangers drive up, get out of their vehicle and walk towards me.
First words out of their mouths were about the GoldWing.
"Saw your GoldWing and just wanted to say hello."
Brief introduction, riding stories, and a cup or two of coffee is shared.

Simply amazing.
I assume this happens to others as well.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Been approached several times about my wing, usually out and about somewhere, as recently as this past Saturday by a guy who revealed he owned an HD, he asked about how smooth it was and that his bike beat the crap out of him. I was also complimented once by an elderly woman walking her small dog about how quiet the bike was, it didn't scare her pet, I just smile:D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Funny. Today I was at the post office and fixing to leave. A woman in a van next to me rolled down her window and started by saying, "Its a nice day to ride a motorcycle isn't it?" I said yes, it sure was, then she said her late husband and she used to travel all over the US on a bike and she sure missed them both. I asked her if she would like a ride for old times sake and she said that if she didn't have an appointment, she would take me up on it. But she did leave with a smile and I could see that she was re-living some journey she had taken years ago. Kinda gave me a good feeling. Made my day so I came home and washed and waxed the GW just for her. :)

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Well done, DreamWeaver. No doubt you made her day as well.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I have two guys that live up the street from me. They both ride HD's and come by my house when ever they leave theirs. One day I was out washing and cleaning up my wing and both of them stopped by to have a look and talk about riding. One said he was going to get a wing someday.....as of yet that day has not come. One was asking questions about my trailer and pulling it with the wing.

There is just something about a wing that makes people stop and look and start a conversation......

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
Perhaps metaphorically, a wing is like the wing of an angel. It just brings the best out in folks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A couple years ago we were riding in Canada and stopped at a restaurant when a looked to be Japanese guy was so impressed with my 1800 and trailer, he asked to take a picture. I did better than that, I told him and his wife to sit on it, and I took their picture with their camera. He had a grin from ear to ear for the picture and im sure he will never forget that day.

·
Registered
159 Posts
In less than two months in ownership of our "new to me Wing".
Can't count the folks who has said positive things about the bike.

Never would we ever would of thought that these bikes get the attention that they do. Another thing noticed was folks will lean over and ask questions upon questions about the bike and buttons on them.
Like one elderly gentleman told me a few days ago that was admiring the Goldwing, and he used to be a rider himself.
" There are two kinds of men, those who has bikes, and those who will lie to you saying they never wanted one".

All I could do is laugh. These wings do draw a nice, friendly crowd.

........ jamie

Attachments

·
Banned
3,114 Posts
I pulled into a gas station a mile from my house. An elderly couple pulled up in a Cadillac. He was driving and she was the closest to me. She lowered the window and asked if I would sell my bike. I smiled and said everything I own could be bought. She asked what year was it, I said 94, she asked if I would take $6,000 for it.

It was the middle of July. Only a fool would sell a Wing in the middle of the riding season.

Now that I am considering an 1800, I wish I got their number.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, here's my "friends from strangers" story. Last year my good friend and I were in Zion Nat'l. Park, both of us pulling trailers. We had pulled into a scenic overlook and when we finished taking our pictures we mounted up and was about to pull out when a tourist bus pulled in behind us. No sooner had the door on the bus opened, than we were swarmed by a busload of sightseeing tourists from France. If we had our pictures taken once that day we had them taken a hundred times. We also took pictures of most everybody on the bus who wanted to sit on our Wings and they all had grins big as Texas on their faces. We tried to visit with many of them about our bikes but most couldn't speak English and neither of us spoke French. There were a few that spoke broken English but the universal language of motorcycles was spoken that day and I think we were able to communicate pretty well. Some even showed us pictures of their bikes and there was a couple of Wings I noticed. The funny part about the whole thing was that maybe 5 or 6 of the tourists on the bus even bothered to take a look at the scenic overlook, most were busy visiting with us. Then the bus driver blew his whistle and they all loaded up drove away. One thing about it, that sure made our day and to this day both of us are STILL telling the story about the busload of French tourists we encountered in Zion Nat'l. Park. Ride On!:D

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Last summer I was taking my grandson for a ride, we were going to Applegate Lake just southwest of Medford. It was a warm day so we stopped at a small market on the way to the lake, just as we pulled in 3 HD's pulled in right behind us, we were getting off the bike and the wife of one of the HD riders said, "that looks so comfortable, we'll trade you". I respectfully declined the offer, he asked how many miles I had on the bike and I told him 100K, you could see his mouth drop and he asked how many times it has been rebuilt, I told him it has never been rebuilt and has about 200K more miles before rebuilding. His wife said, "you got to get one of those" he replied, I'll never have a Japanese bike, of course my reply was, this Goldwing is made in the USA with over 90% US made parts, the company may be a Japenese company but the bike is all American. He looked at his wife and said, maybe someday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts