Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I'm an R&D tech for Bazzaz, we're located in Chino Hills, Ca and make fuel controllers, quickshifters, and traction control for motorcycles, and we need a Goldwing to steal The newer the bike the better and preferably with a slip-on exhaust. Our development process usually takes 1-2 weeks and when you get your bike back it'll have one of our Z-Fi fuel controllers with a custom map installed on it.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Might be that we as owners do not want our motorcycles used for "testing" We buy tried and true products for our rides! Why not just buy one and then you will have a demo model for us to look at and try out?

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
Might be that we as owners do not want our motorcycles used for "testing" We buy tried and true products for our rides! Why not just buy one and then you will have a demo model for us to look at and try out?
i do a good job of test riding both my wings :D

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our product is tried and true, all I need to do is adapt it to the the Goldwing. I'm not reinventing the wheel; I'm taking our existing control unit and building a harness, taylored to the Goldwing, for it to interface to the bike, then building a custom map. But we're not going to buy a Goldwing just to develop a system on, the touring market isn't strong enough yet to warrant such an investment.

I'm surprised you guys are so hesitant, the Concours and ST1300 guys were all over this.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
This is June..... riding season. You want a Wing owner to give you their bike for two weeks when they have been praying to the weather gods for this to get here?

Good luck..... it sounds like a good deal for someone. Not sure who.

I am just saying.....

:)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Well, if I didn't live 1600 miles away, I might take you up on that providing you can give some "expected" results for the fitment. :D Isaac

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is June..... riding season. You want a Wing owner to give you their bike for two weeks when they have been praying to the weather gods for this to get here?

Good luck..... it sounds like a good deal for someone. Not sure who.

I am just saying.....

:)
Lol, it's always riding season in SoCal. The only days I don't ride are the one's when I'm transporting my bike to the track.

·
Registered
740 Posts
If I rode a little bike I would probably be looking for more pony's too. But my wing is about as fast and strong as any man would want a bike to be. If you are doing it for fuel mileage I doubt there would be enough difference to justify the cost. Also most if us have over 30,000$ in our wings and we are not really looking for much more than some more CHROME to go on them. I wish you the best of luck though. P.S. I have been clocked at over 160mph on mine so I have all the speed I need!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Jason, I sent you an email earlier today.
I would be interested in the R&D project.
I'll be gone to Japan for 10 days 23 Nov - 6 December so I won't miss my wing ;) ... feel free to add all the goodies to it! :D

You gotta understand most of these forum guys are old :D

FYI - You did my friend's Honda ST1300 (Eddie Chan) and I just installed the EFI and AFM modules on my 2012 ST1300 and I am totally impressed with the crispness of my ST now.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
K
Well, looks like they've developed & are selling:

Z-Fi Fuel Controller [#F353] + $879.95

"The Z-Fi fuel controller is race-level fuel injector tuning.

Benefits
'Wakes up' performance
Crisp and responsive throttle
Smooths out throttle transitions
HP and torque gains"

and

Z-AFM self fuel mapping module [#127062] + $799.95

"Quickly build custom fuel maps while riding.

Your model, year, exhaust, filter, fuel type, engine wear, modifications, temperature, pressure, humidity... Now you can easily tune for ALL of it.
The Z-AFM offers a revolutionary new level of fuel tuning by simply gathering data while riding and then processing the data into a custom-built, race-level fuel map."

To utilize any mapping changes on the fly, you will also need to purchase and mount

Map Select Switch [#127078] + $179.95

"Handlebar-mounted switch plugs into any Z-Fi product, allowing the user to switch between maps on the fly.
Easy installation. Weatherproof toggle."

No Goldwing user-specific data listed on how much, if any, HP or torque gains result from this installation.

Best Regards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.