Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just purchased my first Wing. I have ridden every generations over the years and found the evolution of the Model quite extraordinary. Now due to a project challenge (cheep bike challenge) I am the proud owner of what I have named "The Big Brown Turd" I picked it up for $500.00 running perfectly with 87k on the clock, new fork seals and new tires. SCORE!!!

Though it was not the best cared for bike it is my plan to roll the ODO up to 200k before giving it a proper burial.

It is a 1983 GL1100. My plans are to do a budget strip down conversion to end up with something that would not be out of place in a Mad Max Movie then proceed to ride the wheels off of the thing.

I am interested in finding the best place to find and procure wear items such as Brake pads, bearings, timing belts, maintenance manuals...

Any assistance in navigating this forum to find Build threads for the GL1100 and parts sources will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps even be rewarded with parts I will be taking off from the bike.

All the Best. Ride Safe Ride often

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland and congrats on the new bike , put some pictures up and show her off

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF and congratulations on the purchase. Afraid I'm not much help in sourcing parts for a 1100; I ride an 1800. But plenty of the others on this forum ride 1100's and I'm sure they can share some sources.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Quite a few spots to look for parts for your bike like Two Wheel listed. You can get blets at your local NAPA store too.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum....sounds like you have some big plans. Great buy, even for parts. Congrats

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the welcome Larry. It seems that GWRRA charges a fee to be able to participate in their forum. I never pay to be part of or associate with groups and do not feel the need to be a "member" of any group... I just ride. But thanks.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa.Good luck with your new ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts