Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm raging mad at the moment over what has happened with the Four Corners Tour that I completed in July. I'm partly at fault, but can't help but think that I will be part of a group of people that will never see a completion certificate/packet because of a squabble between the SCMA and the person who used to be handling the event.

During the trip, I recorded my information on the paperwork that the tour manager provided. I never thought to record the information separately - my mistake.

So while I'm on the road, apparently there was a fallout between the tour manager, David Johnson, and the SCMA. David is apparently holding a number of the forms from riders that were on the tour at the time. As such, the SCMA has stated that they have the beginning and ending points information of my tour (CA and FL, respectively) but do not have the other two forms for WA and ME. They list me as being a finisher, but haven't (and possibly cannot) issue my certificate.

So, I'm angry at myself, highly pissed off with David Johnson for playing games with the information for something that I only waited 30 YEARS to accomplish, but I can see the situation that David has put the SCMA into.

If you happen to know David, tell him that he shouldn't be screwing with people's dreams the way he is. At best, his reputation is certainly trashed because of these childish games he's playing.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this Mike. I hope all works out.

PM Sent to you.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Ah Mike, that just sucks. Hopefully some of the groups like GWRRA and others can use the weight of numbers and put some pressure on them to sort this out. Maybe each one of us can do a little part if we all start writing in or calling about this?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys... I've asked the new manager to forward what he can of the finishers packet to me, but the completion certificate may not be part of that.

I am hoping that the AMA comes down on this situation, as the Tour is a sanctioned event. The SCMA may not have the funds to spend on legal representation to force Mr. Johnson to release the information, so frankly, I'm not holding my breath.

As was sent to me via PM, the sage advice that I'll follow from Fossil is to take the attitude that the SCMA knows I finished and more importantly, I know I finished the Tour. (Thanks for the ego boost, Fossil!)

As for Mr. Johnson? He can kiss my backside. I hope karma just royally nails his butt in the future.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I sent you a PM on this regard. Futher to my post above, I issue a challenge to all to do the same as I did and send a request to the SCMA to issue Rapier's certificate. Same if you are an AMA member, there is strength in numbers. If it was me I'd be hopping mad and would be like a dog worrying a bone on this. Good luck to you Rapier!
p.s. I see on the finishers list that a fellow from Edmonton completed the tour...shoot, if my neighbour to the south can do it, so could I;) Forget our scuba trip Hun, I gotta ride to do!:eek:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hold off on contacting the AMA, guys. I appreciate the thought, but the new manager contacted me after I sent him an email this morning regarding the status and he's very much trying to make good on this. I'll let you know how this all pans out...

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Mike: if need be I can write a letter verifying that you were in Blaine, Washington.
The problem is I didn't mark it on the calender. So I'm not sure of the date.
As I recall it was a Sunday. I remember the check Point a Big Al's was closed and you went to the Chevron station. to get varified.
I'm sure I posted on here right after I got home from our visit.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
What are the chances they would except my posting on the Four Corners thread on July 10, at 7:34 PM as a verification for Blaine

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
If my memory serves me, and it might not in this case...Didn't you have a SPOT going on that 4 Corners ride? If so, go to that website, pull up that trip, print it out along with the posts from this forum and you have proof of the trip.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ron and Dreamweaver, thanks, but it appears that the mileage is the issue. They believe me as far as the trip goes because of my Spot information that I sent along to them. The manager is doing his best to make things good. Although I'm not a violent person, if I were in So. CA, I'd be at David Johnson's door demanding my personal paperwork at this stage.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Blake is a very decent guy, unlike "Mr J......." I bleieve he's really on your side. Em, I've never really needed a reason to go to California but would be glad to go and demonstrate the real need for proper 'ukemi' to him. I can never get enough excuses to train:D

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
OK, one last idea. Do you have Map Source by Garmin? If so, you can call up the area you traveled and then on the Mileage scale, you can click your way around the course and it will tally and show the miles traveled. Then take a picture of that screen and send it to them. I know its a lot of work but since you want it, drive 'em crazy with all sorts of proof. The Map Source came with the early Garmins...

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I know you did it and that's all that matters to me. I know you did it because I was the one you left behind . I'm not mad or one to hold a grudge so if you need a character witness I'll testify to your character such as it is.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Geez, why is it some people failed to graduate from kindergarden? Sure hope you eventually get your certificate. But as was said, we all know you did it.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I guess I don't understand whats going on here. Is this some sort of certificate that allows you to do brain surgery on captured aliens while solving the rubic's cube puzzle with your feet? My word, who do these people think they are? Any group that is that picky would be driving Bentley's and not motorcycles anyway. We all know you did it and if they are that stingy about handing out the certificate, tell them to get their maps and micrometers out and measure the dang trip themselves. It's just more proof that the gene pool needs a shot of chlorine. And since these people are so high falutin, does their certificate come with a certificate of authenticity? Mercy.....

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Sounds to me like a bunch of us need to go to California for a good old fashioned a** whoopin'!

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Sounds good to me, getting too stinkin cold around here anyway. Straight shot down I-5 or ya wanna take the scenic route?:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts