·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Wasting away again in Margaritaville!

Congrats to you Ole Rapier.:D:cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
Way to go! I really enjoyed watching your progress. Hope the hangover isn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Got into Key West last night about 7:30, got showered and then went out to get something to eat and drink. The food was OK, but the three Hurricanes that I had at a rum bar were f'n fantastic! Weaved my way back to the hotel (I was walking - NOT on the Goldwing) and then collapsed into bed.

Today I'm doing the touristy stuff in town, getting that big celebratory meal, having more drinks (yeah, that's a surprise... hehe) and I'll contemplate my trip/route back home later.

For those waiting for it, note the updated sig. :D

I hear rum calling me.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
congrats Mike on a jobe well done.

Not the ride, for staying inside the lines when coloring in all those states. Whahoooo for you. Extra, extra credit if you did it while celebrating.

·
Premium Member
11,014 Posts
Here is someone that has had the dream, has done the homework, got the preparation of bike and himself done. Then went out and did it, through heat, rain and shine. Kept himself and others safe. You should be proud of your acheivement. Don't let the gaurd down on the way home. Well done. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
A lot of guys are going to be jealous of your sig map. Let the competition begin...

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Left Key West this morning after sleeping in a bit, so I've made it to Daytona tonight before it was really too dark and dangerous. Have a crappy wireless connection, so the map link will have to be updated tomorrow or the day after.

J&P Cycles is next door here with a huge HD dealer, so I may have to stick around until they open at 9:00 just to look around. Of the two, J&P could be dangerous to the wallet, but we'll see. I plan on being home tomorrow night (about 750 miles means that I'll get in after dark, but that area I know.)

·
Administrator
25,912 Posts
Sorry I'm behind on this (how unlike me) but I was going to tell you to grab a bite at the "Cracked Conch Cafe" in Marathon if you had time (and your cholesterol was on the low side). Ain't the fancy modern eatery of today, but the conch fritters, conch chowder, and of course Key Lime Pie are just heaven. Long as you have some lipitor handy that is. Keep it safe on the way home man!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Got home around 12:15 or so last night and immediately collapsed into bed. Am going to do nothing on or about the bike until tomorrow. I think It is time I have a day where the Goldwing and I can rest!

Me, I'm going to go catch up on a couple of movies this afternoon/evening, then come home and try to sort things out.

For the record, my initial guess at the total miles for this trip wasn't too far off: 13,537.
My average distance for those days I was riding: 564 miles per day.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the very long distance ride and being able to ride the miles you did each day you rode. 13k+ miles is very impressive. I think you probably had the best bike made for this type of riding, but then I, and most on this forum, would think that way.

I have only one long distance ride that I am really proud of, and it was about 580 miles in 7 days - on a Cannondale R800 bicycle across Kansas. I think your ride would have been more fun.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Rapier my hats off to you my friend, you have accomplished something that the majority will never. It makes my 9+k look miniscule which in itself was a hecka of trip. I'm glad your home & safe. Great average miles a day also.

Just for the conversation don't forget that on Aug 13th/14th Two Wheel & I will be down your way. The Maestro is supposed to hookup with us, so in case you need some more miles come along.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Your planning and Preparation H made it happen.
Actually, LDComfort and Anti-Monkey Butt Powder made it possible. Both are superb products that do what they promise.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
That does it...I am getting some of that Monkey Butt powder:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Rapier my hats off to you my friend, you have accomplished something that the majority will never. It makes my 9+k look miniscule which in itself was a hecka of trip. I'm glad your home & safe. Great average miles a day also.

Just for the conversation don't forget that on Aug 13th/14th Two Wheel & I will be down your way. The Maestro is supposed to hookup with us, so in case you need some more miles come along.
Thanks for the kind words, Fossil. Planning being what it is, I have a party that was rescheduled for me to be there on the 13th down in the Fredericksburg area. Don't know if I will get away early enough on the 14th, but I'll let ya know via Lee if it works out.

·
Administrator
25,912 Posts
Don't mind saying Rapier, that was one helluva run, my hat's off to you man! I forget, but did you have new tires on the Wing before you left? I have soooo many questions to ask you but I'll likely never get the chance to ask 'em all without pestering you steady. Anyhoo, here's to you big time!:cool:
p.s. shoudn't you be like, comatose about now?:eek:

101 - 120 of 131 Posts