Honda Goldwing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Did Indy to just past Binghamton, NY today. Should be in Madawaska, ME tomorrow afternoon to complete the 3rd checkpoint and then start the trip south.

Glad to say that I caught a second wind today and was making some good mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
you got a lot of coloring to do on your map when you get done.

Keep digging but keep safe.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
What a great run!!! Keep safe Mike...

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
"Around the Country in 21 Days"
"So Mike can color in more of his States"
"Around the Country with Rapier"

(To the tune of the cartoon version)

Good Morning Rapier ride hard my friend but be safe.

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
When Mike called last night I sensed a bit of fatigue in his voice and rightly so. That mid-western leg of the trip through Iowa , Illinois (sorry Matt ! ) and Indiana can numb your brain with monotony if your just passing through.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
When Mike called last night I sensed a bit of fatigue in his voice and rightly so. That mid-western leg of the trip through Iowa , Illinois (sorry Matt ! ) and Indiana can numb your brain with monotony if your just passing through.
And the heat has been pretty oppressive as well which saps the strength right out of you. Ride safe Mike..

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Glad the trip is going well, shiny side up Rapier!:D

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
Doing great! Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Yep, I'm there, but it got dark just before I pulled in to town. Gonna do the paperwork in the morning and then head south. Have a stop to make in Newburgh, NY, so I'm planning that I'll most likely stay there tomorrow night before I make the run to spend one night in my own bed, do laundry, unload cold weather gear, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I guess you will have to run I-95.....What a crazy run to finish the job. Stay the Course my man!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Rest up Rapier, & then get ready for the final push. By the way what is the course for heading south?

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Yep, I'm there, but it got dark just before I pulled in to town. Gonna do the paperwork in the morning and then head south. Have a stop to make in Newburgh, NY, so I'm planning that I'll most likely stay there tomorrow night before I make the run to spend one night in my own bed, do laundry, unload cold weather gear, etc.
Per our arrangement, I'll have a gallon of your favorite oil and filter waiting and ready for your pit stop.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I am impressed with the management of your time / mileage.

Your trip is good evidence that if one wants to make good time, do it solo.
Your only as fast as the slowest person in your group.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
I'll be curious as to the total mileage and fuel etc involved. Quite the undertaking all said and done. I'm sure Rapier will give us the full skinny when he unwinds a bit from his journey.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Way to go Mike, your almost there.
Ride safe
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
It's 6:45 a.m. and somewhere just south of Poughkeepsie, NY me thinks I hear the low growl of a Wing starting up for the ride to my place for an oil change and a hardy welcome before he takes off tomorrow for Key West. Mike, if your reading this I will leave the oil, filter, drain pan, wrench and a crush washer of course in the usual place in case I get stuck somewhere and I'm later than usual.

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Yeah go Rapier. PM sent as well.

61 - 80 of 131 Posts