Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Thanks so much.....Its a great blog.
Keep up the good work Mike. The blog is great. We unlucky souls can live our dream through your journey.
Safe Ridings

·
Premium Member
17,126 Posts
This doesn't translate well, Ron. It might lead to some thinking we are cross dresser Wingers.

Oooooh, I forgot to mention that it was a Bra for the Wing.:eek:
It must be my advanced age that causes me to forget some details at times. Sorry.
Not really:D
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
11,898 Posts
Doug(1500) and I just got done having breakfast with Mike and his dad, great guys. Would have been nice to spend more time with them, but thanks to freeway construction, we arrived at the restaurant late.

They left the Spokane area at about 10:30AM Pacific time.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Doug(1500) and I just got done having breakfast with Mike and his dad, great guys. Would have been nice to spend more time with them, but thanks to freeway construction, we arrived at the restaurant late.

They left the Spokane area at about 10:30AM Pacific time.
Haven't heard from Mike in a few days ( phone wise ). You Washington boys have been keeping them fed. Son -of - a -gun .

·
Premium Member
17,126 Posts
Looks like they might be a little behind. When I seen them Sunday they were going to try and make Missoula Monday evening.
Cantankerous: did they get a Battery for Dad's bike he was have trouble with it on Sunday.
. Dad was leaving Mike in Missoula and going to ride Hwy 12 over LoLo pass and the Columbia River roads home.
Ride safe Mike and Dad.
Ron

·
Premium Member
17,126 Posts
No shat ! Haven't heard from Mike in a few days ( phone wise ). You Washington boys have been keeping them fed. Son -of - a -gun .
Chopin; you got to get out here to the GREAT NORTHWEST; We'll feed you too. If I know you are coming out, I go find some nice fresh road kill. None of that stuff Skunk though, it taste almost as bad as it smells::)
Ron

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I made it from Spokane, WA to Belgrade, MT today through 40 miles of rain. The vista of the Bozeman/Yellowstone Valley is incredible! Will update the blog when I return from dinner.

Mike

·
Premium Member
11,028 Posts
You are one busy rider. I keep thinking of you as you ride. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Can't wait for the update Mike. You are the man.

My buddy in the picture below is from Montana as well but he's in Glacier.

·
Super Moderator
14,474 Posts
Keep on keeping on. Love the blog, especially when you have time to put in the pictures. If you are headed today down to Yellowstone that Hwy 191 is a fine road. Scenic and curvy. I onced worked on a ranch off that highway just 5 miles north of the Yellowstone Park border. Beautiful area that I want to show my wife one day.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Keep riding safe Mike...I hope you have time to see the Devil's Tower. Take a pic if you can.

·
Super Moderator
11,898 Posts
Cantankerous: did they get a Battery for Dad's bike he was have trouble with it on Sunday.

Ron
He said they were getting a battery for his bike in Okanogan(sp) on their way here. There was no mention of it while they were here.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
OK, update: My father did get a new battery, courtesy of his riding partner, Willy, in Okanogan. No other problems were encountered as we pulled into Spokane.

Today's blog update has my adventures in Yellowstone in both Montana and Wyoming. It was not a boring day as you'll see when you read it.

Was very disappointed to only see a single bald eagle today. No other wildlife was spotted. No bison, bears or moose. Talked to one local late in the day and he said that the introduction of the wolves has decimated the herds of moose and bison. Apparenlty they are not keeping the wolf population in check. I was very sad to hear it.

Did finally see a longhorn on a ranch in Wyoming next to the road. Funny part was that he was apparently chasing a female... hehe

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Looks like Ole Mikey is hanging out in Custer S.D. for the evening. He is certainly looking good for time on his run.

Ride Safe Rapier.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
The blog has been updated (be sure to check out the past few posts as I have added pictures to the map link pages for each day).

Wounded Knee was depressing on many levels. The injustice that was placed on the Indians, followed by the ignorance of allowing the events to fade into history (especially true for the 1973 uprising - nothing is left or even mentioned.)

I'm in Mitchell, SD tonight, with a visit to the Corn Palace in the morning, followed by a run in to Iowa to see the "Field of Dreams". Once that is done, I'm heading towards Indianapolis.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Looks like Mike is nearing Davenport Iowa right now at 6:41 p.m. cutting down to Indianapolis as he looks to being staying way clear of the Chicago area. You know something fossil, he's going to blow by just west of Mt. Carroll, IL. I know a rider who lives in Mt. Carroll .

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Made it to Peoria, IL before calling it a day on account of darkness. Long day today, but was worth it getting the extra miles and seeing the Field of Dreams. I stood at the plate and at all the bases. Very cool. The house, the bleachers and the corn field are all exactly as there were in the movie.

Oh, if I didn't mention it, check out yesterday's and the day before's blog posts. I've added pictures to the map links. That, or just go to this page to see them all.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
You know something fossil, he's going to blow by just west of Mt. Carroll, IL. I know a rider who lives in Mt. Carroll .
He probably passed him on the Highway. I happen to know that "The rider from Mt Carroll" was trucking some Corn. He was getting the Semi loaded yesterday.

41 - 60 of 131 Posts