Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
That's a mighty sweet looking ride Bob. If I was you I would go look at that one pronto & I would take a bit of cash with me to put down on it. I have a feeling it won't last long.

Oh by the way I'm going to move this thread over to the General Discussion section.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. I hope it doesn't have fuel system problems from sitting so long.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Looks pretty good to me too. I doubt there will be too much to worry about with the fuel system, the EFI has no float bowls to gum up so. Tires will be pooched most likely (age) and check the fork seals etc but should be good to go otherwise.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what you mean about the fuel,fluids and tires. He said all the fluids have been flushed. As for the tires. I didnt ask. But I'm sure tires are junk if their orginial. I bet they put some cheap tires on it.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Wow....great looking bike and a reasonable price.....Pull the trigger:cannon:

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
I know what you mean about the fuel,fluids and tires. He said all the fluids have been flushed. As for the tires. I didnt ask. But I'm sure tires are junk if their orginial. I bet they put some cheap tires on it.
Don't worry about tires Bob, they are consumables. Never worry about consumables.:webers:

I take it you're from PA?????

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Don't worry about tires Bob, they are consumables. Never worry about consumables.:webers:

I take it you're from PA?????
Nice looking and like this guy said I never think about what I eat, if you can buy it you will love it, and welcome to this fun and great place.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Pa. is the place to be, how did you know.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Yep, central pa. I'm hoping to get out of work early to look at it tomorrow.
You should be looking at hooking up for one of our Breakfasts as well.:Wave:

Good Luck.

Oh by the way be sure that all the recalls/updates were done.

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
That's a great looking bike and the fastest color too! Sure hope the deal works out for you. I don't think it will sit there very long.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looks brand new. One thing to check is if the 02 sensors have been replaced. In 2001 there was a service bulletin, not a recall, that the sensors collect moisture. If it was caught before warranty expired they where replaced, if it is out of warranty your looking at about $500. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks brand new. One thing to check is if the 02 sensors have been replaced. In 2001 there was a service bulletin, not a recall, that the sensors collect moisture. If it was caught before warranty expired they where replaced, if it is out of warranty your looking at about $500. Ask me how I know.
Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Looks like you might have bagged a prize one , GW. That was the first year of the great and powerful 1800. Oh goodie. Another PA rider.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you're serious about buying a good used Wing, be there for when the shop or dealership opens. That bike will not last long!

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
If you're serious about buying a good used Wing, be there for when the shop or dealership opens. That bike will not last long!
I agree Rich, that's why I told him to take some cash with him. Lay money down & it will be yours.:easy_button:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts