Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Gold Wing 6speed with Gold Strike floorboards. I really wish there was some say to place the boards all the way forward on the 3rd position. But Honda has made a VERY short shift lever. I adjusted the shift lever rotation up as far as I can. Still not enough room to get my toe under the lever.
I'm about to saw off the end of the shift lever and splice in a metal extension tube. I need more room.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Actually a good idea, I can't see why the added extension wouldn't work................. (or does Honda actually sell, an extension piece (I haven't seen one/but it possible..) Ask the dealer where you purchased your new bike, maybe they may have an idea, I'm sure your not the only wing owner that has a large foot size... "Just a thought"

Ronnie

·
Registered
2019 Gold Wing Tour
8 Posts
My first mention on either this or the GL1800 forums after getting my Tour was that, coming from a HD electra-glide ultra classic - the shifter felt like it was made for a baby's foot as the HD had a big old floorboard about the size of a size 20 shoe with heal/toe shifter. I'm gradually getting used to the tiny shifter but I can feel your pain. When folks on these boards talk about highway pegs my mind thinks "Where would you put them?" If you put them off to the side of that great engine they'll be out catching wind like all get go. I actually often ride with the rider's little floorboards down and put my feet on those from time to time for a change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts