Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer me and my brother-in-law took a ride across Colorado and Utah. Two Valkyries and about 15 Harleys. Staying at the only hotel in Hanksville, Utah, we met two gentlemen from California riding 1800 Goldwings, they had been riding all over the US for several months and were heading back home. Now, I loved my 03 Valkyrie but that visit with those gents got me thinking about making the move up to the 1800. I had been thinking about for this awhile but I just couldn't believe that I would be happy with an 1800. We'll one test drive was all it took. I was concerned about it being too top heavy and maybe not having enough power, wow was I surprised that 1800 handled better and actually felt lighter than my standard Valkyrie. I thought my six carb 1500 had lots of power, but I believe the 1800 has it beat.

Anyway I made the switch in July, have rode about 4k on the wing and the more I ride the better I like. Smoother, quieter, and much more comfortable. The Valk needed gas about every 125 miles, Goldwing about two hundred, another bonus.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and maybe riding together.

Harold

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the 1800. A lot of these guys ride the 1500 wing. I love my 06 1800. About 200 in town, you'll get a lot better on a good trip. I usually get about 240 to 250 open road. As everyone on here says it ain't so without pictures. Their still waiting on mine.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello harold, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing. you do know that your valk only has 5 or so more hp than a 1500 wing so honda didn't do much hot rodding to the 1500 motor

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome Harold and congrats on the Wing.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa. Harold. Oklahoma is a nice state enjoyed my time riding through there.

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
Hello Harold &

Post some pictures for us.....

Mark

·
Registered
245 Posts
Harold, Congrats on the wing! You really need to go to the thread about explaining how you came up with your screen name and explain..:D Anyway, the wife and I will be riding toward Seattle this summer, maybe we can meet and ride a while.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Welcome Harold, gald to have youy aboard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.