Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new owners manual so I can look some of this stuff up but it has not arrived yet.

WHat oil should I use to replace the front fork oil?

Can the rear suspension be changed? if so where , how and which fluid?

I'm told I can use ATF fluid but what kind no one seems to know.

Also, I see my front forks do not seem to hold any air pressure for any lenght of time. Should I get that fixed? I do not seem to notice any differences between with 0psi and with 6psi which I'm told is the max psi on the 1500?

Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I Have Heard You Can Use Atf For Replacement Fork Oil But Am Not Sure What 'type' Was Recommended ... It Doesn't Take Alot For The Forks So I'll Just Use Fork Oil When I Go To Change The Seals ... That Will Take All The Guess Work Out Of It ... With My 85-1200 FORKS Max Psi Is 14 So You Might Call Honda If You're Book Doesn't Get There In Time ... Never Heard Of Shock Oil For The Rear ... If Anything It Would Be - Spring Over Air - And I Do Know That You Can Change The Springs To A More Or Less Progression Rate ... My Friends 1500 Dumps The Air When Not Ridin' But Shortly After Starting It Pumps Back Up ... Not Only A Owners But I Would Also Buy "a Honda" Service / Repair Manual ... About $55. From Honda Not A Aftermarket One Such As Clymers Those Have Bad Info. In Them ... Happy Trails ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts