Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking around at the threads trying to find any info on fork braces (whats the best, how it handles...ect). I found a few but I also ran across a few that said you can't put one on an airbag mod. I have an 08 airbag and I have noticed a slight give in the forks at slow speeds in turns.....Normal?....Will a fork brace help?....I have no shimmy at higher speeds at all.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Good question... I know there are certain restrictions when it comes to the airbag models. For 1 they don't recommend putting on a fender extention. Not sure why. Maybe someone with an airbag model can chime in with an answer for you. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I could be having a pipedream here, but I thought Wings have had factory fork braces since '84. I replaced my worn factory brace on my '84 with a Superbrace a bit short of two years into it's life. The holes in the stock one were worn so badly that the mounting bolts were actually moving back and forth in the holes. No issues with my 1500, and my '09 is too new to worry about yet. Superbrace, Kuryakin are popular aftermarket suppliers. Some of the more versed members on here can likely add to this list (or correct me).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That webpage that you sent me did have one for the airbag mod....thank you so much.

·
Registered
150 Posts
ok i need to re-invent this thread, there is a airbag fork brace available i know that much but the question burning at me is would this product (fork brace) be ok on a bike that is currently wearing Centramatic balancers? i ask as the centramatics when fitted are on the inside of each fork! would this mean that the tight fit of a fork brace work on a bike with centramatics?? can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
ok i need to re-invent this thread, there is a airbag fork brace available i know that much but the question burning at me is would this product (fork brace) be ok on a bike that is currently wearing Centramatic balancers? i ask as the centramatics when fitted are on the inside of each fork! would this mean that the tight fit of a fork brace work on a bike with centramatics?? can anyone help?
Nope, nada, zilch ! Fork distance must remain true regardless of what is added at the hub. The Fork Brace is there to help keep that distance true and steady. This answer was confirmed by well seasoned riders from elsewhere. Go in confidence.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nope, nada, zilch ! Fork distance must remain true regardless of what is added at the hub. The Fork Brace is there to help keep that distance true and steady. This answer was confirmed by well seasoned riders from elsewhere. Go in confidence.
Hi Chopin

Sorry buddy, I understand the fork distance remaining true part but Is that a nope that the fork brace will NOT be any good with a bike fitted with balancers? or nope that it makes nil difference whether a GW has both F/brace & balancers?

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Hi Chopin

Sorry buddy, I understand the fork distance remaining true part but Is that a nope that the fork brace will NOT be any good with a bike fitted with balancers? or nope that it makes nil difference whether a GW has both F/brace & balancers?
Oops! I see the possible ambiguity. Fork Brace will not affect balancers, if anything it will compliment them. Install with confidence. And have a nice ride .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put the fork brace on and I have put about 1500 miles on it and love it. It changed the way the bike felt at low speeds. I'll never have another motorcycle without one. I got it off of wingstuff.com and it was very easy to install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts