Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I would like some recommendations for an aftermarket fork brace. Thank you.
I have this on my 2008 and it works great! Wing Stuff is where I purchased mine and this is where the below info comes from.

GEN 2 CHROME FORK BRACE FOR GL1800
By Kuryakyn SKU: KU7339

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a Super Brace for a couple of years. Don't know that it did anything. Now I have the Traxxion Dynamics brace that came with their package. I'm actually not sure I need the brace. I initially installed it because of the wobble. The Super Brace helped some, but it was still there. What stopped it completely was switching to the All Balls conical bearings.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I had a little wobble and the brace took that away. Not sure what caused the wobble but it's gone now since I installed the Super Brace 5 years ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Super Brace for a couple of years. Don't know that it did anything. Now I have the Traxxion Dynamics brace that came with their package. I'm actually not sure I need the brace. I initially installed it because of the wobble. The Super Brace helped some, but it was still there. What stopped it completely was switching to the All Balls conical bearings.
Where did you obtain your set? I like the sound of that 😉

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've used both Kuryakyn and Traxxion braces. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the Traxxion brace is a much better brace.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Hey All
I have never tried a brace for the wobble
But when I rebuilt my '03 after our wreck I replaced the Honda bearings with AllBalls tapered roller bearings
I now have no wobble at any speed and the handling is even better
Enjoy

every day is a good day......some are just gooder than others

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Hey All
I have never tried a brace for the wobble
But when I rebuilt my '03 after our wreck I replaced the Honda bearings with AllBalls tapered roller bearings
I now have no wobble at any speed and the handling is even better
Enjoy

every day is a good day......some are just gooder than others
The brace took away the 'flex' feeling on slow speed turns. I never had a wobble per say at any speed. It did help with taking out what I felt like flex and kept the forks straight. Maybe it's all in my aging mind or in my wallet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts