Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
C. The RoadKing cup holder you turned me on to has been great. I had to modify the installation a bit as Mz. Vickie's mounting technique, such as it is , didn't work with the grab bar mount design. I used an inspection plate , covered it with vinyl, some stainless nuts and bolts ( painted black ) . The only draw back here is it probably would preclude arm rest mounting. I have my eye, however, on the Hondaline pads that go over the top of the speakers. P.S. Special thank's to Rapier for the inspection plate idea as the extension.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Looks good, Maestro! I think it will be much more stable than the mount on the grab bar.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
U Da Man. You are a Mek-A-Neck

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Chop, Thats a great idea. I noticed mine is beginning to turn down from the weight of a full drink on the grip handle. I may need to look into something like you have done. A simple item that works great. Ya got to love it. Good time Sunday. Hope we can do it again when Matt comes in. Ride safe

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Fossil, speaking of arm rests, which ones do you have that trapped Ms. Janice's leg?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I have the Kury arm rests. Cup holder works, but for a water bottle, once the water volume gets down, the bottle is bounced around by wind alot. Going to see if there's a foam sleeve that will snug a bottle a bit tighter. Don't try the holder with a can of soda or juice, real messy!

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are a Mek-A-Neck
If that's least one notch above a Rig -A- Tony, I'll take it. Two Wheel: Mz. Vickie likes her super size ice tea and I couldn't get the support out of the handle mount. I cured at least two issues. I hated to drill holes in the face of the plastic, but if it ever came down to taking it off ( I can't think of a reason for myself ) one could cover the two 1/4 holes with flat plastic button caps. Other possibilities for the extension plate : A piece of 1/8" black Plexiglas ........ and on and on.... Your right , budoka. Unsweetened drinks only please!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice Job...! Now where's....the 12 volt adaptor plug to keep that Ice Tea Cold...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts