Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set from Dennis Kirk $289 to my door for the set.

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
congrats and just remember to keep the air pressure up, 38f and 41r

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These stock oem's are wearing just like the first few sets on my VTX 1800 T. I think I will be going with 40/42 with dyna beads ... then see what happens. I on that bike I ran Metz up front and E3 back aft ... but the price for the front E3 is good so....

·
Premium Member
23,804 Posts
Front and rear delivered to your door for $289 is great. I'll turn my riding bud on to that. He is pleased with the mileage that he has " squeezed " out of his E3s . Mike has no interest in going " Darkside " (yet ), so he is tolerant of the noisy ride.

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
40 is going to make the fron ride harsh try 38 first

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
Front and rear delivered to your door for $289 is great. I'll turn my riding bud on to that. He is pleased with the mileage that he has " squeezed " out of his E3s . Mike has no interest in going " Darkside " (yet ), so he is tolerant of the noisy ride.
i found that when e3's are new is the time to always make sure that the tires are at 38/41, less noise now and less noise later

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
the e3's on my 1200 hardly make a noise and the e3's on my 1500 just barely make more noise that the ones on the 1200 but as you know i cannot speak on e3's fitted to 1800 wing

·
Premium Member
23,804 Posts
The e3's on my 1200 hardly make a noise and the e3's on my 1500 just barely make more noise that the ones on the 1200 ,but as you know I cannot speak on e3's fitted to 1800 wing
It's a different beast. 1800's are tough on tires, especially rear tires. Why? Ask an engineer. There is a difference between " road worthy wear " and " audible annoying wear ". The audible annoying wear, to me, comes way before the road worthy wear. Some can ignore it, I can't and its not for a lack of trying.

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the E-3's but next time c/t for sure on the back and undecided about the front.
Does Conti make a front tire? I had these on my 1100 Shadow and they wore very well.

·
Administrator
25,902 Posts
I don't think I've heard a single good report on E3's on an 1800, seems like everyone hates the noise. sumnc, did you not like the Bridgestones the bike came with?

·
Banned
13 Posts
I had bridgestone on the wing when i bought it new and had no problems.Got 13000 kilometers out of them with no noise.Put a E3 on the rear an after 6-7 thousand kms they were noisey as hell and are still noisey after putting 13000 kms on them.Although there good for approx 2-3 thousand more kms i have a new set of bridgestones in the shed ready to install this spring.E3,s in my opinion are just to loud.

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
glad i don't have an 1800 wing yet cause i would be looking for tires conti's or met's

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
I havn,t tried conti,s or met,s .DO you think there a better tire than bridgestone.The E3,s are good tires but to loud and annoying.
ii really couldn't say if conti's or met's are better than bridgstone tires, i'll just say i won't buy bridgestone tires regardless to the application

1 - 18 of 18 Posts