Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
SOLD Thanks to all for response

SOLD SOLD for $2,250 1986 Honda Goldwing GLl1200A bike is in excellant condition for a bike of this age with only 36,045 original miles and equipment and I am 2nd owner. Bike is ready to ride anywhere and has new battery which is only 2 months old. I would not hesitate to jump on it and head for Arizona today. The only reason i would even consider selling it is due to declining health condition which keeps me from riding it like it should be or like I want to. I have it listed for sale at a fair price and would consider trades let me know what you have no junk please as you are not buying or trading for junk.I would prefer outright sale 1st. Please no emails phone contacts only 8am to 8pm and no calls beyond 8pm EST at night due to health reasons. Phone ask for Mel pictures below show mileage this spring listing mileage is as of today 12/01/2010 SOLD 2/16/2011:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I would say 4000$ is alittle steep based on my limited knowledge!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I just bought a '98 Aspy for $4300 in great shape but high miles. With the reputationn of GW's I was not afraid of 100K miles. I changed belts and alternator and still under what others are selling for.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
How about $2500.00 That sounds like a fair price to me!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rigginray6

How about $2500.00 That sounds like a fair price to me!!
Hey riggin now we have a starting point. How about $3650.00? Now that sounds fair to me. Do I hear 3700 Lol. Gotta thank you for your response.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GoldDigger

I just bought a '98 Aspy for $4300 in great shape but high miles. With the reputationn of GW's I was not afraid of 100K miles. I changed belts and alternator and still under what others are selling for.
Hey GoldDigger it sounds like you got a great price on a great bike. Hey I once new a woman and she was a GoldDigger LOL. Enjoy your ride and yes I might be a little high but it is better than the average wing of that year and model

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 86 Goldwing 2 years ago with 41,000 miles on it for $1800.00 I currently have 73,000 miles on it and the only thing I have done since purchase is regular maintenance and rear tires. For some reason the rear brakes keep sticking! Lol Sounds like a fair price with some negotiating room....right? Ride safe...yet Ride Hard!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cadillacrider

I bought my 86 Goldwing 2 years ago with 41,000 miles on it for $1800.00 I currently have 73,000 miles on it and the only thing I have done since purchase is regular maintenance and rear tires. For some reason the rear brakes keep sticking! Lol Sounds like a fair price with some negotiating room....right? Ride safe...yet Ride Hard!
WOW your killin me man you said $3800 didn't you, LOL. Well I am trying to sell it and maybe a little high but at least now I am getting some response and thats always a start. Have it listed elsewere and the phone has even begun to ring. Hey ride safe and enjoy. Really it is a real nice bike for the year,so thats what I am trying to sell fair but not give it away then be sorry.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
OK OK My new offer is $2000.00 based on further investigation!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
A basic no accessory GL1200 isn't worth more than about $2,500, mileage doesn't matter much. A nicely dressed one sold for $2,900 with 42,000 miles.

I'm not trying to knock your price down, just telling the facts.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
A basic no accessory GL1200 isn't worth more than about $2,500, mileage doesn't matter much. A nicely dressed one sold for $2,900 with 42,000 miles.

I'm not trying to knock your price down, just telling the facts.
lots of opinions and also variables, time of year and location.

go look at NADA. it says one in top condition is worth more.

That doesn't make either of you right or wrong, just depends on whether you can find a buyer who agrees with your assessment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a buyer not a talker. Sight unseen my today offer is $2200 cash/certified funds-will trade diamonds if you wish. Or do you really want to wait until spring?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Seeing I am just a talker I will bow out! I cant compete with a diamond trader!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SweetOldWing

I'm a buyer not a talker. Sight unseen my today offer is $2200 cash/certified funds-will trade diamonds if you wish. Or do you really want to wait until spring?
Hey cash will work and no I won't let it go for that but you can up the bid LOL. If you want anymore info and pics let me know I can do that. Thank You for your offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nah Ray not a diamond broker just a good old successful ex-pawn broker that likes to trade. A good trader can entice folks with different types of goodies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts