Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a 1997 GL1500 Gold Wing. My question is can anyone recommend a flip up foot peg to replace the existing drivers foot peg. NOTE: Not the passenger one. What I mean is a foot peg that I can flip up out of the way and stay that way until I would want it back down in the rest or driving position. I am vertically challenged and it would be great to be able to flip the pegs up when I want to put my feet on the ground.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Not sure that you're going to find that without building something on your own. I had stock pegs on my 1500 when I bought it. Found floorboards w/heel toe shifter on ebay & bought them, ran them for a couple years. Last year I got the notion that I liked to get my feet down at a more comfortable angle & went to these. They don't flip up far however they are extremely comfortable & lots of room to get your feet around & down. Check them out they possibly will work. The one thing you have to do is buy the mounts for them. Not a big deal but Wingstuff didn't have them. The ones in the link are for 1800's but they do have them for 1500's. I guess Wingstuff don't carry them anymore.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/232_Footpeg_Floorboards/120_GL1800_Kuryakyn_Driver_Iso_Wing_Boards/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1800/232_goldwing_Footpeg_Floorboards/des/

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
In the picture they show the shift lever underneath?? How does that work!!

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
That's actually the brake lever you're looking at there good buddy.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have those as well and really like them. Still have some sticking with my h/t shifter though. Have things perfectly lined up, but the thing still sticks on the odd downsift once in a while. Going to try a little reshaping/thinning of the plastic spacer on the toe piece and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
LMAO!! Thanks for pointing that out Bill!! I was on the first cup of Joe!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're not 100% comfortable with your stance at a stop you could take your seat to an upholstery shop and have the foam shaved down and cover refitted. Shouldn't be too pricey.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
I don't think you are going to find "fold away" foot pegs. Problem is if you have them folded up and you want to dowshift you have a problem. That's why the stock ones are on springs to move up if scraping, but will not stay up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're not 100% comfortable with your stance at a stop you could take your seat to an upholstery shop and have the foam shaved down and cover refitted. Shouldn't be too pricey.
Good idea, had not thought of that. Will look into it. Maybe with time I will get used to it. It is just so different from my VL800.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts