Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

So I've had my Wing for a couple of weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. It's become my go to bike when I have to go some most anyplace.

I do have one issue though: I'm only 5 foot 10 with a 30 inch inseam and a bad right knee. I'm having trouble getting my leg over the bike without having my foot hang up on the back seat/luggage. I've started putting one foot on the foot peg to use it like a step ladder to get on and off the bike.

So my question is this: How strong are the foot pegs? Is the foot peg build strong enough to take my full weight (190 pounds) or should I find another way to mount/dismount it.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I'm 230# and have been getting on that way since I bought the bike, no problem with peg yet. (29" inseam)

Back in the old days everybody stood with all their weight on one peg to kick start bikes.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I may not be very smart but I stand on my pegs while going 50 all the time to give my butt relief. 215# probably 240# with full gear.

Also did it for years on my ST1300. Never gave much thought to them breaking.

YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Scoot, it won't be a problem for the pegs. My only concern would be weighting down the kickstand on that hot Arizona asphalt. Get a pad of some kind (several brands available or make your own) or master the center stand.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
300 pounds, 6 foot, 3 inch, and i always mount/dismount via the foot peg.
as for my side stand, the previous owner had a 2 or 3 inch circle of steel welded under the side stand. really helps in many situations.

~Travis

·
Registered
3 Posts
It'll handle your 190lbs. I'm 6'3" and 385lbs. When my bike is on the center stand, I will normally step up on the left side foot peg. It has never shown an incling of bending or breaking.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Really, you should be more worried about grinding the pegs off, then them breaking off. I weigh 330 with winter clothes on and I mount via the left side foot peg. But i can and do get the bike over far enough on both sides to grind the pegs.

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
I may not be very smart but I stand on my pegs while going 50 all the time to give my butt relief. 215# probably 240# with full gear.

Also did it for years on my ST1300. Never gave much thought to them breaking.

YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I get on my bikes by standing on the left peg and I've been spotted going 85 standing on the pegs of the Mighty ST 1300 and my Wing, I tip the scale around 225

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Yeah, After I posted the message, I realized it was kind of a stupid question.
not really cause I've seen post on other forums of someone breaking a footpeg or the bracket by standing on them so it can happen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.