Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy again folks, since it's too cold in Tn. to ride(for me) I have been trying to get self schooled on my 1800GW trike..I was checking out the switches and buttons and when I pushed the cruise on, the button won't come back out, got to the flasher button, pushed it in ,flashers come on but the button will not pop back out..I sprayed some lub. and still stuck. I have some graphite that I will try. Just wondering is this something for mech. to fix, or if any of you guys know something I should try?...Thanks, Ride Safe

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
WD40, then a little air from one of the compressed cans of computer key board cleaners.
I would not use any graphite on switches!

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Dust and dirt accumulate in the switches and they stick from time to time. Compressed air will help to clean then out. Lubs can work, but leave a film that can attract more dirt and dust.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Any decent electrical contact cleaner should do the trick, definitely no graphite though:eek:

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
As far as the cruise button, spraying around the perimeter, trying to penetrate behind it , as best you can , and " working it " may do the trick. The Hazard switch may be a different story. That one would best be cleaned / lubed from the underside of the panel it is attached to.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I did not know that about the 1800:confused:
Like was said above a good electrical contact cleaner sprayed in around the button/switch while working the switch. Once it is free a good flushing again with the contact cleaner followed by a blast of canned air to get the gunk out.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Oldtimer; ya jus needs ta hangs your tongue out in jus bout da rite way wit des her bikes ta get um to wurk rite.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Oldtimer; ya jus needs ta hangs your tongue out in jus bout da rite way wit des her bikes ta get um to wurk rite.
Dan: patting the top of your head and rubbing your belly while whistling Dixie should do it.:eek:
Actually I prefer the electrical contact cleaner;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.