Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fog lights on the 1500 are not working. They were, but the last time I tried to use them, nothing. They are connected to the battery, fuses are good, and the relay under the left fairing pocket "clicks" when the switch is flipped. No meter here to check voltage or ground. Any ideas where to start? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
start with the ground wire

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They only have a single wire coming from the body of the light. Would they possibly ground to the mount?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
What brand lights are they?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not the cornering/turning lamps, they are switch activated fog lights mounted under and to the side of the headlight. Not sure of brand, they were on there when I got the bike in May. Thx to all so far, btw. I'm not very good at ANYTHING electrical, I am a firefighter, so I know just enough to injure myself and ensure the bike never runs again/:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And, just checked, bulbs are good. At least they look good.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Here is my 2 cents. If the relay clicks when you flip the switch, it says to me that power is being applied to the relay, and most likely to the lights. If there is only one wire going to the lights, it most likely means that the wire is the hot (12 volt) being applied and the ground is being supplied by the light mount. If the mounts are held in place by screws, you might try loosening them and tightening them to see if its making contact. The 12 volts is being applied by the relay, to one side of the bulb, through the bulb, to ground. I am guessing that the ground is not being made.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LET THERE BE LIGHT!! Thanks for all the responses. They are in fact grounded by the mount, and after a little fiddling, now once again operational.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts