Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look in my shop manual and it does not show a fuse for it but I know it has to be on something. Does anyone know which fuse the fog lights are on. Was riding Sat. night and they were on. Checked them last night and no go.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Gold: I'm following the wiring schematic. I see two fuses related to the fog lights through the on / off switch. No. 22 and 26.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like fuse #5 which is a 15amp & hooked thru Tail Relay which is #10 relay. Might also be tied in to headlight dimmer switch & might not work on high beam. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Looks like fuse #5 which is a 15amp & hooked thru Tail Relay which is #10 relay. Good luck!
Now I don't know Peppy. What are you reading from. I got this over sized Service manual with pages of wiring schematics. The fuse box diagram on mine ( if you have an 06-08 VIA/VIIA/ IICM ) labels fuse #5 as ABS MTR. FR. Fuse . Fuse #22 is labeled as TAIL/ ILLUMI/ METER Fuse. I give up. I think I'll stick to fixing garage doors.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
This may sound dumb, but make sure your high beams are not on. The fog lights will not work with the high beams on.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
This may sound dumb, but make sure your high beams are not on. The fog lights will not work with the high beams on.
I hope it's not that simple after all my research and fuse findings. Well.... I guess I do hope it is that simple. But I'm still ready to assist GoldDigger if he needs to gut the electrical system.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I hope it's not that simple after all my research and fuse findings. Well.... I guess I do hope it is that simple. But I'm still ready to assist GoldDigger if he needs to gut the electrical system.
I was just hoping it would be something simple, kind of like "the engine won't start.... Oh, never mind, the kill switch is on".. LOL

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chopin, it was a fuse and I did find it from your directions. I couldn't find the fuse listed in my manual. Is it listed as fog lamp or what. What is the designation? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Thanks Chopin, it was a fuse and I did find it from your directions. I couldn't find the fuse listed in my manual. Is it listed as fog lamp or what. What is the designation? Thanks for the help.
No designation, Gold. I finger traced the wires on the diagram from the On / Off fog light switch up to the relays and then over to the fuse numbers. I came up with two fuses because the fog light are are also impacted by the High Beams. Which fuse was bad ? I'm trying to learn as you go !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts